4

Butterflies the size of bread loaves flew around in my stomach as he said that. No one had ever cared about me before. Just then the door opened again and Lucy and Susan where.

"Is everything ok?" Susan asked.

"Yea I got this you two go back to sleep. "Peter said.

The girls smiled. "Good night Katie."

"Good night." I smiled as they left closing the door softy

"If you don't mind me asking what the dream was bout?" I played with the blanket. "Your master?" He asked a slight bit of anger in his tone. I nodded slowly.

"Tomorrow I will make a law to stop this; no person should be force into slavery."

"They said you are not from here is that right?"

He nodded. "Yes." He sat on the edge of the bed. "We are from a town called Finchly. "

"Do you have slaves there?"

"No but a place far away from us did and one of our Princes tried to stop it."

"Did it work?"

"After some time yes it did and I know we can end it here as well." He said smiling and I smiled back. How long where you a slave?"

"For as long as I can remember. That was always my life. Never once did I hear I love you are you are pretty. My master had one rule 'don't over shadow his girls'."

"How many does he have?"

"Three and they were not to pretty."

He chuckled. "Well I can see why he told you. "

"What do you mean?"

"As a king I must be honest you are the most beautiful girl I've meant."

"But what about Lulu?"

"Lulu?"

"He was one of my master's daughters. She said she came here once and you courted and wanted to marry her."

He sighed. "Katie I can assure you I've never ask to court any lady since I've became king."

I was not surprised Lulu always lied about men trying to make us think she was the most beautiful girl in all the land, truth is I never once noticed a man coming to call upon her.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep?"

"I can try." He smiled and I smiled as well and he covers me up and blew out the candle. He then went to open the door.

"Peter." He turned back to me. "Thank you."

He smiled and nodded closing the door gently. I hoped when I woke this was not all just a wonderful dream.