Chapter 8

Brandon’s POV:

My last class of the day was finally over. Jesus was staying after for his wrestling practice. Mariana and Jude walked to the house together. I stayed behind waiting for Callie.  I knew today was hard on her. I also knew Talya was on bitch mode towards her which made everything worse. I glanced around until I saw Callie showing a fake smile in my direction.

“Hey, B.” She was stressed. I could tell.

“I’m sorry you had a rough day today.” I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

“It’s fine. Talya has a reason to be mad.”

“No, she doesn’t. She’s been out of line.”

“Don’t worry about it.” She sighed before changing the topic. “So, I guess I’ll meet you at my apartment once you go pick up your keyboard?” She glanced her head up with a slight half smile.

“Why don’t you come with me? The keyboard is in my room right now. You could come along and say hi to everyone for a bit?” I was nervous to ask her but I was hoping she’d say yes.

“B…I-I don’t think that’s the best idea.”

“You’ll be fine. I promise. Only Jude and Mariana will be home. Lena has a meeting, mom is at work, and Jesus has practice.” I kissed the top of her head as she fiddled her fingers with mine before interlocking them.

“Okay, let’s go.” She smiled as she began to tug at my hand.

“Well look who it is. It must be my lucky day seeing the two love birds together so often.” Talya’s voice was hostile and anything but pleasant.

“Well, maybe if you didn’t follow Callie around all day you wouldn’t be seeing so much of us.” I rolled my eyed as Callie stood beside me silently.

“Brandon she is destroying your life. I can’t believe how blind you are when it comes to her. She’s trash yet you chose her over me.” Talya went too far. I looked over to Callie whose eyes were welling up with tears, and it takes a lot for that to happen.

“You’re a bitch Talya! You’re a flat out cruel, jealous, bitch who I was out of my mind to ever date. I don’t know what I even saw in you. You don’t talk to Callie like that. You’re the one that’s ruining everything.”

“Hah, sure I am Brandon. So Callie, Brandon is the next Liam? You’re just going to hook up with him while you can and then move on to the next guy and treat Brandon like shit?” Tears began to fall from Callie’s eyes as she ran in the other direction.

“What the hell Talya?! What the actual hell is wrong with you? You know nothing when it comes to Callie’s life, or mine for that matter. You don’t know what has gone on or what has happened and you never will. I’m in love with Callie. Leave her the hell alone.” I left Talya behind and ran after Callie in the direction of my house. I wasn’t sure how far she got or whether she would even stop. I know that Talya hit a nerve that broke Callie to pieces. I hated seeing her like that but I couldn’t fight Talya another minute knowing that Callie was broken inside.  I felt like we were back to the first day Callie had ever come to Anchor Beach, something upsetting her and me running away from Talya to chase after her.  I scanned the first block away from the school until I noticed a girl who was wearing clothes similar to Callie's from far away, well at least that's what it seemed like from where I was standing.