Chapter 8 - Virginal

Start from the beginning

 "You know," he started. "You and Eric really need to keep me more up to date with all of this,"

 I let out a laugh once I saw the smile creep onto his face. I winced, clutching my stomach. The wounds still haven't quite healed yet. They went pretty deep, and I'm still not at full strength thanks to Peter, so it's no surprise it's taking this long.

 A beep sounded from Stiles' phone in his pocket. I perked up as he pulled it out. It could be a message from Eric or Scott that they caught Cora and Boyd and everything is okay. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

 He read through it, looking up when he finished. "It's Melissa," he said. His eyes darted to Dad for a sliver of a moment before coming back to me. He shifted on his feet, continuing, "She wants us at the hospital, something about the body,"

 I looked at Dad. He pressed his lips together, gazing between me and Stiles. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go," he said.

 Stiles helped me to my feet, Dad getting up as well. I can't believe he's actually going to let me continue on with this. He just witnessed me almost get mauled by a werewolf and is letting me go just like that. Without another moment of hesitation I wrapped my arms around him. I haven't hugged my father in a long time, at least not like this.

 "Now go," he said, pulling back and holding me by the shoulders. He kissed the top of my head before dropping his arms to his sides. I smiled at him as he shooed me away with Stiles. 

 We got into the jeep and I realized I was covered in blood. My grey top was soaked all through the middle and my hands stained red. Stiles fumbled through the back seat, pulling a t-shirt from the floor. I felt bad for getting it dirty, but I couldn't exactly walk into the hospital covered in blood. 

 I felt my wounds close up as Stiles drove. I lifted my shirt to see nothing but the scar of the bite mark Peter gave me the night of the accident. The only wound that never healed. I tucked my bloody shirt into my pants, buttoning up my jean jacket to hide the stains of red. I was still picking at the blood underneath my fingernails when we arrived at the hospital.

 We spotted Melissa leaning over the receptionist desk once we got inside. We approached her as she sifted through a pile of papers in a file. "Hey," said Stiles.

 "Hey, over here," said Melissa. She glanced around before grabbing both of us by the arm and walking us down the hallway. "If you two tell anyone I showed you this I swear to god I will kill you painfully and slowly,"

 "Why do you wanna show us a body we've already seen?" Stiles asked as we turned a corner.

 "Cause you haven't seen everything," she said.

 We snuck into the morgue, careful to make sure that no doctors or nurses spotted us. I kept my arms wrapped around my stomach, as if worried that someone could see the blood stained shirt through my jacket. I'd rather not have people asking questions, especially doctors. 

 Melissa locked the door once we were inside. The room was chilly, having to be kept at a cold temperature to preserve the bodies. I could feel the death looming around me. Maybe it's the lack of sleep getting to my head, but it's like it's physically here, weighing down on me like a thick fog.

 I followed Melissa and Stiles over to one of the tables where a body lay underneath a white sheet. I ignored the eerie feeling that crept down my spine. I've never been in a morgue before, so maybe it feels this way for everyone.

 Melissa snapped on a pair of gloves before pulling back the top half of the sheet, revealing the head and just down to the shoulders. My mind snapped back to the image of finding him in that chair, soaked in his own blood. At least the doctors had cleaned him up, making it more bearable to look at.