| 20 |

Edmund's POV

I woke up cold, a light breeze surrounding the tent. I looked around and saw a nymph standing in the tent, her body made of petals. She had a grim expression on her face which I did not like. "Be still my kings. I come with a message from your sisters." She said calmly. I relaxed only a little, what has happened? I stood up, but my question was answered before I even asked it.

"Aslan and his daughter have been killed by the white witch." She said, clearly pained by the death of her king. I stood there in shock, not fully processing what she said.

"No!" Peter yelled as he leapt up. You could tell he was angry. He stormed out of the tent without another word. "I'm sorry your majesty." The nymph said before disappearing. Then it hit. Alex was gone. She would never smile at me again, never laugh, never cry. I sank to my knees. My heart was breaking. This was all my fault, she did this to save me, I knew it. She sacrificed herself to the witch so I could live.

I was nothing, she was so special and good. She deserved to live. I was the traitor that deserved to die. And now she is gone, forever. I started sobbing, she was the only one that really understood me and accepted me. She cared. But now she's gone.

It all fell into place, why she was acting so strange last night, why she kissed me. I had gone to bed so happy,  when she was facing her death. I sat there for what seemed like eternity. Mourning and hurting. Alex was gone,   dead. Surely the world is over? Since the only piece of pure goodness is gone, it should be over for the rest of us too.

She deserved a long and happy life with someone good and handsome. Someone who was kind, considerate and cared for her. Not to die saving a worthless, betraying boyfriend. It was all so wrong.

I would never ever again get to see the way her green eyes light up when she smiles, the way her golden hair shimmers in the sunlight, the constant breeze that surrounds her, the way her pale skin glows when she laughs or the way her sweet lips feel on mine. It was all gone. Gone forever.

"Edmund dear, come now. We must make haste." A voice called. I looked up willing it to be her. It was Mrs Beaver. "No," I replied, wiping my eyes. "Come on dear, they would have wanted you to help Narnia. We have a battle today," I nodded, knowing her words were true. I walked out of the tent and many people gave me a small smile. I looked at my shoes, I don't deserve sympathy. I deserve to be killed for hurting her.

A/N

Hey guys!!!

Another chapter done! Please don't hate me! The feelings in this one were intense so it was really hard. But before that, two things to talk about:

- 400 views guys!!! Thanks to all who are voting, reading and commenting! It really means a lot!

- Ahh I'm nearly at the end of LWW. I am going to let you know now I am probably going to do a sequel!

Remember if you like it vote and share! Keep your entries for the Alex competition coming in as well!

Cat xx