| 15 |

"Alex!" Lucy called as I made my way down the hill towards the Pevensies. She ran over to me and I bent down to hug her. "Are you alright? Did you talk with Aslan? Is he really your dad? Are you part lion?" Lucy asked giggling at the last question. "Woohh... Slow down Lu, give her some space." Peter chuckled, I stood up and hugged him too. "You gave us a bit of a scare Alex. Both of you did." He said pointing to me and Edmund, who came and stood beside me. "It's good to see you safe Alex." Susan said also coming in for a hug. "Hey! I'm just glad we are all here together!" I said and I went in for a group hug. We all laughed and I think there was something so right and comfortable about the fact that we were together. "So what did happen?" Susan said, causing her to get a glare from Peter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Edmund's POV~ (What again?!?!)

I felt horrible. I felt guilty and disgusting. Alex was sitting telling us what happened and about how her dad seemed really nice. But every time she had to explain her pain that she went through, another pang of guilt went through my body. I am such a jerk. "Alex, can you show us your powers?" Lucy said innocently. Peter sighed, knowing how this would end. Alex laughed, causing her features to light up. There was no doubt how pretty she was. And not pretty like the girls in England who were just wearing fancy dresses and putting their hair up. Alex was stunning, like take your breath away amazing. I feel like such an idiot to hurt her, when others guys were probably trying to charm her.

"Sorry Lu, I don't feel up to it. Maybe another time?" Alex said, getting up to leave. "Hey Alex? Can we talk?" I said, causing the four to look at me. "Sure Ed." She said still grinning. Susan gave us a look before turning back to her book. I gestured to a cliff by the camp and we made our way over. "Are you ok Ed?" She asked as we sat down. "Do you reckon we could talk?" I said. She nodded apprehensively, but still followed me over to a nearby rock formation that overlooked the camp.

I sat down on one of the rocks and stared out into the distance, trying to find the best words to convey how I feel about her. She cautiously sat down next to me and I could feel her burning gaze upon me. 

"Look Alex, I like you  a lot. More than friends." There. I had said it. There was no way I could come back from this now.

"Truly?" She asked in reply. I gulped, wondering if her questioning was a good or bad sign, but still nodded. 

"Well then, I have little problem saying that the feeling is, mutual" She grinned at me and felt myself copying her actions absentmindedly. Never before had I felt such a giddiness from a single sentence. I reached out to grab her hand, she glanced down and hesitated slightly. "But maybe we should take it a bit slow?" 

I nodded at her words and she put her hand in mine lightly. A contented smile stayed on my lips as she turned to look at the sunset.

The pure happiness I felt in this one moment was so huge and nothing like I had ever known before. We sat there for hours just talking about ourselves, our adventures, and this new place we were in. Watching the Narnian sun dip below the horizon. And at this moment, everything was perfect.

A/N
Wow! Almond is official!!! Hope you guys liked it! Remember if you do please hit the vote button and tell your friends! The Edmund fanbase must grow!

Cat xx