Chapter 3

*A few days later*

"Ma'am?" A woman said, breaking me from my thoughts. I was at work. I work at a local grocery store usually 5 days a week and 10 hours a day.

"Sorry, what was that?" I asked. The woman looked annoyed. "I was telling you that these bananas are charcoal black. Who the hell would eat those?" I nodded. "Oh, I'm sorry. You found some good bananas to replace those, correct?" She nodded. "At least I sure hope I didn't get another rotten banana. This place has really gone downhill." I just rang up her items. "You have a nice night, ma'am." I said. She nodded.

A little while later I was counting the money in the drawer to make sure it was all there. It was closing time. Suddenly, the door swung open. Who could it be? You guessed it. Machine Gun Kelly. Him and his group of friends and his daughter.

"Bruh, I can't help that I got the munchies." Machine Gun Kelly said. He approached my register and took one of each candy bar, placing it on the belt.

"You realize we're closing in 2 minutes, right?" I asked. "You realize the quicker you ring me up the quicker you can go home, right?" He said. Fair enough. "Here are all your candy bars." I said, as I placed them in bags and handed him the bags.

He looked up at me. "Woah, you're Sabrina aren't you?" I nodded. "Are you gonna ask me that every time you see me?" He laughed. "Sorry...I'm gonna be honest, I'm so high I can barely walk right now." I laughed. He was leaned over my counter for balance. "Yeah, I see that." Suddenly my boss, Jerry, walked over. "Hey Sabrina, it's time to lock up and head out." I nodded. "Recounting the money in the register and I'll be out." Jerry nodded. "Make sure they go with you." Jerry said, pointing at Machine Gun Kelly. I laughed. "I will."

Machine Gun Kelly followed me out the door. "You know you can call me Kells, right?" He said, breaking the silence. "Huh?" I said. "Kells. You can call me Kells." I nodded. "Noted." He walked with me to my car, his daughter Casie at his heels.

"This is Casie." He said. I nodded. "Hi, Casie. I'm Sabrina." Casie smiled. "Hi."
I got into my car. "Where you headed?" Kells asked. "My dorm." I said. "Yeah, nope." He replied. "That car pulling in is Casie's mom. Once they leave, I'm taking you to a party." I laughed. "Fine with me." I said. Kells walked to the car and gave Casie a kiss as she got in the back seat. The car sped off as Kells walked toward mine. He made me get in the passenger seat and sped off.

We drove for awhile in silence. He turned on my radio. "So, are you a party girl type?" He asked. "I go to parties sometimes, yeah." I said. "You drink or smoke?" He asked. "Both actually, but not all the time." I said. "Well, you and me will get along just fine then." He said. "By the way, this little car is a piece of shit. Remind me tomorrow, I'll give you a new one." He said. "No. I like my piece of shit car." I said. "Well, the offer will be on the table still when this shit falls apart within the next month." He said. "You plan on being my friend for month?" I asked. "Longer if you let me." He said as he pressed a blunt to his lips and started feeling around on his body for something. "God fucking damn it, where the fuck is my lighter?" I opened up my glovebox and pulled out one of my lighters. "Here, just use mine." He lit up the blunt and handed the lighter back to me. "Thanks." He said, as I put it back in the glovebox.

He pulled up to a normal looking brick house. He parked my car in his garage and handed me the keys. He took my hand and led me through the walkway, up the front steps, and on the porch where his friends sat in lawn chairs. He and I sat on the porch swing.

"This is Sabrina. She's one of the contestants at the Midwest Music Contest." Everybody nodded and greeted me. I greeted them back. They all told me their names. Kells' friend Slim went and got the fire pit ready and sat it by the porch. Kells went and got his cooler. He grabbed a beer and sat down. "Wanna drink?" He asked. "You have any fireball?" He smiled and handed me a fireball to drink. "Good girl." He joked. I laughed and took a sip.

We sat in silence, all eyes on the fire. "So, do you think you'll make it very far through the contest?" Ash said. Ash was a girl who worked for Kells' management. "I hope so." I said. "She'll win. I got $50 on it." Kells said. I laughed. "Doubt it." I said. He just looked at me. Half of his face was lit by the fire. "Don't ever doubt yourself." I just took another drink of my fireball.

The night went pretty smoothly. We talked and drank and talked and drank and the guys goofed off and then talked and drank some more. I was having fun for the first time in awhile.

I woke up still on the porch swing with a blanket on top of me. My feet were in Kells lap. I lifted my head up. "What time is it?" I asked. "10 AM." He said. "Oh shit, I gotta go back to my dorm. I picked up my flip flops and put them back on. I was rushing to the garage when Kells stopped me. "I had fun last night. I hope you did too." I nodded. "I did. Thanks." He nodded. "Umm, can I, uh, can I maybe have your number? So maybe we can hang out sometime again? Maybe just the two of us." I blushed. "Sure." We exchanged numbers. "See ya later, Young Gunner." I said and winked. He laughed. "See you later." I headed to his garage, got in my car, and sped off to my dorm.

I rushed inside the dorm. Cynthia was on the couch eating a toaster strudel. "Where were you last night?" She asked. "A party." She nodded. "Was Machine Gun Kelly there?" I didn't know what to say. How would she even know to think that? "Yeah, why?" I asked. "He took a picture of you chugging down a fireball." She showed me the picture. It was captioned "Summer Vibes". I smiled. "I think he may like me." I said.