Like A Love Story (Alec Volturi for alexis11145)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yes master." We all replied.

Aro wasn't as mean as everybody saw him to be. He was actually rather nice.

"Good. You may all leave now." He dismissed us. "And good luck."

The three of us turned and made our way out of the throne room and to our rooms, packing small things for the trip like our outfits.

I changed into a long black tunic and black leggings and black shoes before I put my Volturi guard cloak over it.

I hurried to put my hair up in a bun. I always had it like that.

This morning was an exception because I was almost very late for Neo's trial. I always lose track of the time. I was painting my nails dark red and must have forgotten because Heidi had come to get me.

I ran to the lobby and nodded at a startled Gianna before I sat in one of the chairs, waiting for Demetri, Felix, Jane and Alec.

"Ciao Lexi. Buon pomeriggio a voi." She stood and greeted me, smiling.

"Ciao Gianna." I didn't even glance at the tall brunette.

Gianna would be dead soon and as bad as it sounded, I didn't really care. I cared about Gianna only a little. She reminded me of the nun that took me in when I was a child.

I was only five at the time, not really considered a baby anymore when my mother died. It was a very bad disease going around and my mother had caught it.

She died about three years after my father did.

He was a pirate and when I turned thirteen I dressed as a boy and took off on the first pirate ship at the port.

(Flashback)

"Alexis!" Sister Mary called me down for church.

That was the last day I would attend church with my adopted family. I was running away, past the british navy and onto the first boat to take me out of this place.

Barrington, England. One of the leading ports in all of England. Not as popular as London at the time but popular none the less.

Sister Mary took it upon herself to raise me as a proper English woman.

I knew she seemed to want me married soon, which was not unusual. Most girls get married at fifteen or at least had a child by then.

"Yes Sister Mary." I walked down the steps of the Abbey and toward her. I was wearing a white dress with white lace trim and white shoes. It was to much white and to much dress.

My blonde hair was in a bun with a white hat on top to protect me from the sun.

Sister Mary was an older woman. She was maybe in her 40's with dark hair and eyes. She was Italian, she had come to London with her father as a girl.

I had the upmost respect for Mary and cared for her deeply but I didn't want any of this.

***

It was now dark, my things were packed beside me in a bag. I left a note on the bed. I tiptoed down the stairs and out the church doors.

Everyone was asleep by now and it was time for me to leave. I would miss Mary deeply, but this life wasn't for me. I craved adventure and the sea. Like my father did before he died.

I walked in the dark, it was only being lit by the candles of the taverns and homes around the street. I tried to step around the people laying in the streets, drunk or homeless.

That's when I jumped on the boat, in boy's clothes. The captain was a female and caught me a week later, bathing in my room. She understood what I wanted and let me stay.