Chapter 5 The Race

I grabbed the handle to the refrigerator, pulling it open. I grabbed a bottled water, and closed the fridge. I made my way back to my room, and ran into the table against the wall. I grunt and limp down the corridor back to my room. I threw myself on the bed. I sat up, and bent over the side of the mattress, to put my shoes on. There was a soft knock on the door, and I hushed a "come in".

"Hey." I heard a Irish accent say.

"Hey." I mutter in the middle of a deep breath. I stood up straight and looked at him, as he began to speak, "You going for a run."

"I was planning on it. You?" I said knowing what was coming next.

"Yeah. Do you care if I join? We're the only two awake and I need a friend."

"I don't mind." I hope this goes over well. He walker to the huge window in my room.

"Do you see that huge tree over there?" he said as he point toward a rotting tree at the linking on the yard. "The on that looks all rotten." I nodded. "Will you meet me there?"

"Sure thing!" I say covering my mouth, as I realized how loud I was. Niall chuckled, and looked back out to the tree. I could tell he was thinking about something, but I couldn't read his facial expression. I looked at his face as he stared. Trying to read his thoughts. I guess the whole telepathy thing only works when you're in you're wolf.

"Are you ready to go, or are you still getting dressed?" I asked trying to take his mind off of what he was thinking about.

"I'm ready I was waiting on you." he chuckled.

"Beat you there?"

"onay on hetay olfway!" he yelled.

" kayoay!" I say with a chuckled and we both took off. Our feet making hard stomps against the floor. And within seconds, the rocks infront of the house. He was fast. But I was younger. I sped up and past him. And he got back on my tail. I laughed loudly as I yelled,

"Wolf time!" I let out a growlly laugh, and then a bark. He did the same, and soon enough we were both at the tree. I made a claw mark on the trunk, and won the race. I look over as he tackled me. I let out a whimper. My front paw bent as I lumped in pain. He stopped.

"Dude did I hurt you?" I walked up too me, and bowed his head in shame. I laughed, and he cocked his head in confusion.

"You're so gulible. " I said as I jumped up and pounced on him. I winced as his head hit the ground. He laughed and kicked yo at me with his hine-legs. Throwing me back against the tree. I looked up, to see everyone sitting on the back patio. Niall watched me look around.

"What are you looking at?" I nodded, well pointed my snout, toward the patio. He looked and watched them laugh in unison, and walk back inside. I never really noticed how big the house was. I looked down and sat at the root of the tree. Leaving my wolf, and pulling my knees to my chest. Niall, in his human, sat down in front of me. As the wind blew and leaves rustled his spoke.

"I love this true."

"What's so special about a tree?" I asked, but soon apologized with how rude I sounded. He stood up and motioned for me to follow him. I stood and followed him around the tree to the side with a small carving in it. It read; BEST BROS then a heart, which was followed by NIALL & GREG. I stared St it.

"Brothers?" he nodded. Taking a deep breath and looking at me.

"Yeah. My dad used to send Greg and I here so we'd be, "out of his hair". We had a lot of fun here. "

"What happened here?"

"Do you see that wooden piece up there in the tree?" He looked up and pointed to a box shaped piece of wood, that sat in the middle of the tree. I nodded, as he looked at me.

"Greg and I tried to build a tree house. It was pretty funny watching him and I carry everything up the tree." he laughed quietly.

"Do you still see you're brother?"

"In my dreams." He said as he made his lips then. I could tell he was holding back crying. I made a confused face so I didn't say anything offensive again. "We never finished the tree house. We  started it when. I was eight, and he was ten. He got caught up with the clan as he got older. We didn't talk much."

------

Sorry this is late. I'll try to work in it more.

Ily

-KatXx