Chapter Nine♥

Dedicated to LitleGummieBear for making me the awesome trailer on the side! Thank you!

                   “Are you ok?” I questioned for the billionth time.

                “I’m fine!” Jared insisted once again, rolling his eyes at my question. We were walking along the streets of Chester, the cold wind nipping at our bare skin as Jared shivered in his soaking shirt. Part of me was pleased, he had been pushing his luck anyway and I had simply punished him by pushing him into the fountain, but seeing him shivering and trying to control his chattering teeth, I felt extremely guilty.

                “Of course you’re fine,” I agreed mockingly, “Your lips are just turning blue for no reason!”

                Jared glanced over at me, his lips lifting into a sly smile, “Well you could always warm them up with your own.”

               I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly looked away, “You wish.” I scoffed but I was unable to keep my voice from shaking.

             Jared chuckled throatily, “It’s the least you can do after trying to drown me.”

            “I didn’t try and drown you!” I protested.

          “Sure you didn’t,” Jared said disbelievingly, “You were just hoping I would catch hyperthermia instead.”

           “Oh shut up,” I laughed, shoving his shoulder with my own, “I thought I was supposed to be the drama queen.”

         “You can’t blame a boy for trying.” Jared said. His eyes locked with mine and he gave me a boyish grin, which for some reason sent my heart racing. He had a nice smile, it was so much nicer then that little smirk he did when he was being cocky, when he smiled that way, it made his eyes shine and gave him a cheeky look about him.

           “You are such a flirt!” I scoffed.

         “I know.” Jared shrugged and I rolled my eyes at him, at least he had the decency to admit it unlike most of the guys I knew. We were walking past a row of white flats when Jared pulled out his mobile; he punched in a couple of numbers and then raised the IPhone to his ear. I wasn’t surprised that he had an IPhone after seeing his house, he was obviously very wealthy.

        “I’m ringing Dexter, he can drop us off.” Jared explained when I gave him a questioning look.

       I nodded in understanding and waited patiently while Jared spoke to Dexter and told us where we were so he could pick us up. I checked my own phone for messages to see that I still had one hour until I needed to go home, the last thing I needed was to get grounded for going out without telling them.

         “He’ll be here in ten minutes.” Jared informed me after hanging up.

         I frowned in confusion, “Isn’t he supposed to be in school?”

        “I know this might come as a surprise to you Jade,” Jared began slowly and his hands reached out to rest on my shoulders, “But you’re not the only one who ditches school.”

      I swatted his hands away with a scowl, “I know, I just didn’t expect Dexter to be that kind of guy.”

     I didn’t know why I had made that assumption about him; he just didn’t really strike me as a bad boy. He had seemed so quiet in the party, always shuffling as if he felt uncomfortable being around so many people, I had found this strange seen as he was such a good looking guy, in my experience beautiful people stuck together, which was why I found it strange that Dexter struck me a lone wolf.