Chapter 1-Janek

I glance at my phone to see that we still had an hour of class and sighed throwing my head on the table. I ran a hand through my blonde hair and decided to pull it into a ponytail and struggled to shove my shorter hairs into the mess but in the end I gave up and let them hang loosely in front of my face. I look at the kids around me and see them in all of their own collective groups, talking quietly amongst each other as the teacher sits behind his tall desk and grades papers. The loudest group was the one into the front, all the desk where pulled inward toward each other and they all huddled in to keep their conversation to themselves.

Cause what they're talking about is soooo important... I scoffed to myself.

As I looked back up to them though I realized I scoffed too loudly and their attention was now on me. They whispered amongst themselves, keeping their eyes locked on me to let me know they were talking about me, and they burst into laughter. The teacher gave them a warning look, and they stopped, but not before giving one last mocking look to me. I returned that look with my favorite finger and soon realized my mistake as they saw that too.

Well, now I'm fucked. I looked back at my textbook and try to ignore them for the remainder of the class. It worked pretty well until the teacher decided to leave for a bathroom break and warned the class to be good until school was over. Sure, a class full of seniors is going to be "good".

The moment he left the room someone from the chatty group got up and walked over to me. I didn't really see who it was until he was just a few feet away from me.

"Hey freak," he said as he placed...well more like slammed his hand on the table. I looked up to see it was Drake, the stereotypical buff guy on the football team. Now, of course, I tell myself to tread carefully, and that I was on thin social right now. But on the other hand, I didn't really care anymore.

"How's it hangin steroids?" I blurted out. I think his face turned red faster than I could blink. I swear it put tomatoes to shame. He basically pounced on me, grabbing my baggy sweatshirt pulling me forward. I coughed as my stomach caught the edge of the desk.

"I don't think I heard you correctly, what did you just say faggot?" Drake basically spat in my face, the stench of his chewing tobacco filled the air as he got close to my face.

"What are you gonna do? Nothing you can do can phase me anymore asshole," I filled my mouth with saliva and spat right in his face. The whole room hushed suddenly, the air was still, and all eyes were in my direction. The punch hit my face fast, but not any less painful. Drake hit me right on the cheek, and it was already swelling. I was on the cold hard ground and looked around to everyone, no one saying anything...just watching. But I was used to that. I got up slowly, grabbing onto the closest desk for support. My eyes flickered to the window and to the teacher just entering the room. He seemed mildly confused about the silence and the fact that I was up and about. I then bolted for the window, lucky it open enough for me to slide through with enough time to say one last sentence to my History class.

"Have a nice graduation mother fuckers." With that, I hopped on my bike and started home.

A million thoughts were running through my head but to be honest that was the usual. I just choose to ignore them. But there was a new thought in my head...well it's not really a new one but I was seeing it in a new light for sure.

It can all go away.

I know it can but all the teachers talk about how it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Being hated doesn't go away, your father isn't going to go away, there are always going to be bullies like the kids at school.

I didn't push away these thoughts this time. They usually came and went with enough ignoring but I was sick of trying to every day. I waited as the light turned red and it was okay for me to walk my bike across. It didn't take very much longer before I reached my house. There were two cars parked in front of my run down house. One, of course, I recognized as my mother's car, and the other was one of my father's "friends". As I put my bike up I hesitated going inside for fear that he was in the main room and now downstairs like he usually is for one these visits. I decided to not be a quivering pussy and go inside seeing it was merely just my mother in the kitchen. As I looked at her face I noticed the left side of her face was starting to bruise and her lip was bleeding down her chin.