Josh's Broken Heart

"We can't keep going behind Josh's back" he yelled. Tyler flinched at the change in his boyfriends voice. A fist flew and connected with Tyler's jaw, throwing him back against the wall. He raised a shaking hand to his face and felt the blood trickle down his neck. Another punch connected with his stomach and he doubled over with a yelp. "Tell him or we're over!" Gerard screamed at him. "O...Ok, I'll tell him," Tyler's voice came out broken and soft. "Good." He pressed his lips forcefully against Tyler's, pushing him roughly against the brick wall of the cafe behind them. Tyler collapsed to the pathway, attracting judging glares from passers-by. He didn't even care. When he finally managed to stagger home, tears flowing down his face, he raced straight to the bathroom, dragging the cold metal blade against his skin "that's right, YOU did this, YOU deserve this, you should just die you worthless slut," Tyler pressed his face into the wall, mashing his forehead into the cool, porcelain tile of the bathroom. Pools of red substance trickled onto the floor, leaving lines trailing to the floor. "Tyler? Are you ok?" Josh must be home. He took a deep breath, evening his expression and calming his voice. He pulled a jacket over the long, deep cuts in his arms. He flushed the toilet, "yeah, I'm fine Jishwa." There was a beat before Josh responded, "Cool, I was thinking maybe take away for dinner?" Tyler gulped down the knot in his throat, "Yeah, that sounds ok."

Josh pulled away from the bathroom door, inhaling a sharp breath before walking away. He knew Tyler was lying to him. He walked slowly back to the kitchen, rummaging around for a second, "where's my bloody phone," he muttered, before triumphantly picking up the metallic object. After ordering some pizza, he flopped down on the couch to watch the news. "Josh?" Asked a small voice behind him, he turned around. "Hey Tyjo, I ordered pizza!" Tyler looked even more uncomfortable. "Hey," he said, getting up and taking his friend by the shoulders. "What's wrong?" His friend kept his eyes on the floor, "umm, I'm dating..." a sinking feeling flooded into Josh's chest, "Gerard Way, you know? The guy with spiky red hair? Mikey's brother?" Josh slowly nodded. Of course he knew who Gerard and Mikey Way were. Gerard Way, the dark, brooding, depressing ex-member of My Chemical Romance. And he was dating his best friend. He was so unpredictable, he didn't even know him, who knew what he was doing? Josh looked closer at Tyler. The dark shadows under his eyes, and he never wore a jumper inside. He was hiding something. Josh had a bad feeling about this. "Tyler," he whispered softly, "you know I'm on your side 100%, no matter what?" Tyler nodded dumbly. "I don't mind if your dating Gerard, as long as your happy." He wouldn't meet his eyes, "Ty, I love you," he looked up now, shocked, "you...you do?" Josh smiled weakly, "of course I do, your my brother, my best friend, I couldn't imagine life without you. I'm glad you've found someone," the lie felt like bile in his throat, almost choking as he spoke, "you deserve to be happy," Tyler nodded, satisfied with his answer. "Now lets go eat some dinner," he nodded, walking out to the dining area. Josh stood back in the lounge room. He leant back against the wall and clenched his eyes shut as he felt his heart tear into a million tiny pieces.

Josh lay awake that night, not moving. Fuck you, Gerard Way, he thought. It was one of those nights. When the sun didn't rise fast enough. But the moon didn't go down slow enough. That your head was filled with thoughts. But the thing you were trying to find the answer to remained a mystery. Josh sat at his window for hours, slowly counting down the minutes till sunrise. Half dreading and half hopeful. He stayed there, hearing the birds start to sing, watching as the deep navy sky, dotted with iridescent stars turned to a light, buttercup yellow, to a rusty, deep red. Then finally the burst of orange light from the horizon. Josh watched and thought and thought. And, when the sky was blue and the clouds starting to float across, Josh got up from his seat and went downstairs. Tyler was already standing at the breakfast bar, "you're up early," he called to his friend, relishing the moment that he jumped and turned to him, shocked. It wasn't very often he got a chance to surprise Tyler. "Yeah, um, I was gonna have breakfast with my boyfriend," he wouldn't look at Josh as he pulled things into his bag, picking up his keys. Tyler looked at him awkwardly, gave a small wave, "see ya later," he called and walked out the door. "Tyler!" Josh called him. The door slammed shut. "Don't go." He whispered.

Tyler wandered down the Main Street, pausing and peering around as he looked for Gerard. "Thought you'd never get here babe" sneered a voice from behind him. Today Gerard's hair was dyed a platinum blonde, almost white in the early-morning sun. If he hadn't known who he was, or what he was like, Tyler would have thought he looked sharp, snappy and a little arrogant. In a good way. But he DID know Gerard, and he knew the cruelty that sat behind those green-brown eyes. He smirked, "like what ya see Joseph?" With a wink, Gerard grabbed him, pushing him into the side of the car next to them, and kissed him roughly. Tyler tried to pull away, but as he breathed loudly into his neck, pushing his tongue into Tyler's mouth, biting his lips hard and carelessly. Gerard balled his hands in his shirt, pushing himself on top of him. Tyler whimpered as he shoved his hands up his shirt. Suddenly Gerard was stepping back, a furious look in his eyes. "No.. no," Tyler begged, wincing from what he knew was coming, Gerard slapped him across the cheek, leaving an angry, botched red mark on his face. He kicked him between the legs, making Tyler gasp as he staggered away. Gerard brought his fist down on his head. Tyler legitimately saw stars as his vision went black.

Josh was worried. Tyler had been gone for hours, he didn't even WANT to think about what Tyler and Gerard could be doing. He shook that thought out of his head quickly. God, life was boring without Tyler. He used to get so annoyed about it always being, Josh and Tyler! Oh, here's Twenty Øne Piløts, everywhere he went, it was like they were one person. That may sound okay, but having a person figuratively attached to you, it could get tiring. But then again, he was so used to having Tyler with him, being the one to comfort him when he was down, cooking him dinner when he couldn't leave his room, holding him tight when he screamed about the voices in his head. Where was Gerard through all of that? What had HE done for Tyler through all those times? Probably off somewhere fucking whoever he could get his hands on. Or killing them, depends. There was a creak at the door. "Tyler?" He yelled running for the door. His friend sort of half collapsed, half walked through the door. Tyler's bruised eyes turned up to face him slowly. "I can explain." He croaked.
---------------------------------------------Ok, well just to get things straight I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GERARD WAY! He is dark and depressing, but I LOVE MCR, I don't think this would reflect his personality in real life at all!
Anyway, this chapter was about 1k 300 words, let me know if I got anything wrong, or I need to change anything! Any feedback is good and I won't take bad stuff personally! <33
Charlllieeeeee