Chapter 9

You're My Melody Chapter 9

ACT 9

LOVE IN THE ICE

In the middle of the cold winter night, she decided to take a walk because she couldn't sleep. Her thoughts about her parents bother her so much. She was so pre-occupied until she reached the school playground where in she sat on the swing talking to herself.

Raemi: I could have just told jaejoongie oppa that my thoughts bother me. He knows how to help me when rough times like this comes in my way... (sigh... sigh.... sigh).

A beautiful music from nowhere caught her attention. She stood up to find where did it come from. She searched and searched and searched. The sound came from the music room. She opened the door to see who managed to enter the music room in the middle of the night. Looking at him from the back, she was sure... it was Yoochun. He was playing a melody, perhaps a song, in the piano she never heard before. She really liked it that she forgot what she's thinking about a while ago. Then while progressing to the bridge, he stopped. He knew someone was watching. Raemi panicked. Maybe he'll get angry.

Raemi: Mianhamnida... (bows) mIanhamnida... I didn't want to disturb you but the melody is just so beautiful that I couldn't help myself from listening.

Yoochun: (turns to her) You should have just listened from the outside~ (faints).

Raemi: OPPA!!!! (runs toward him).

She put his head on her lap. She didn't know what to do. There's no one around the area except for the two of them. He was pale and cold. She became more nervous.

Raemi: OPPA! OPPA! (she shook him: no response) eotteoke? OPPA, are you still alive? (checks for the presence of pulse). Thank God you're still alive and you're breathing. Eotteoke? (searched something to be used in her pocket; found candies). If you haven't eaten, this would do. (puts the candy inside his mouth).

She have fallen asleep while waiting for him to be conscious again. After a couple of minutes, he has woken up. He stared at her wondering what had happened. He woke her up when he tried to get up.

Raemi: (completely awaken) Oppa... I'm glad you're awake already.

Yoochun: raemi-ah... (realized there is a candy inside his mouth) Eh? Why do I have a candy in my mouth? (sits beside her).

Raemi: Ah! That's what saved you...

Yoochun: what do you mean saved me?

Raemi: You were talking to me then suddenly you fainted. Ithere's no one to ask for help and I only got candies in my pocket. Have you eaten dinner?

Yoochun: ... anio.

Raemi: kya~you did have a hypoglycemic reaction.

Yoochun: Eh?

Raemi: My mom is a nurse, she taught me that.

Yoochun: (facial expression changed and became serious when he heard the word 'mom').

Raemi: Eh? Waeyo?

Yoochun: I miss the feeling of having a mother and a father.

Raemi: Waeyo? You have your eomma and appa in your house right?

Yoochun: They're there but we seldom talk (forced a smile; tears fell from his eyes). I even hardly remember the last time the four of us went out to eat at a restaurant. I couldn't remember when was the last time eomma cooked food for us, ready our lunchboxes, washed the dishes and brought us to buy some stuff in the supermarket with her. Appa is also busy working. Both of them didn't have enough time for us.

She was intently listening to him. This is just one of the few moments they are not arguing. But this is not the reason why she wanna listen to him. It's because she wanna know him more and deeper. He's crying like a baby. This is the real Park Yoochun she thought. All of a sudden she wanna embrace him but she thought, it would be awkward. Who is she to do that?

Raemi: Uljima... <don't cry...>.

She used her hand to wipe his tears away; they stared at each other for a moment.

Raemi: (pulls out her gaze; looks at the floor) How old are you, Oppa?

Yoochun: (looks at her) Wae?

Raemi: Fine. Don't answer me~

Yoochun: 18.

Raemi: You're still 18. You're still young. You still have a lot of time to be with your eomma and appa.

Yoochun: (forced a laugh) Are we on the same conversation?

Raemi: (felt like a block hit her head) I think so. What I mean is that... Family moments are not just made inside the house... or in the supermarket. And a mother don't just express love by cooking, washing the dishes and making lunchboxes. You know exactly why they are working, right? They sacrficed your family time because they love you... and your brother. You think your eomma is happy that she couldn't do those things a mother usually does for her children? Of course not! They also wanna spend time with you... If you really wanna spend time with your mother, do it in another way. Maybe not the usual way of mother and children bonding like what you have said, in the supermarket. But you could always think of something to do to spend time with her and I'm sure, she will also give time to you. If she couldn't reach you, reach for her.

Yoochun: (still looking at her even after she finished talking)

Raemi: Waeyo? (checks her face maybe there's dirt).

Yoochun: Aniyo... (smiled) I never thought a dumb like you would give me such a good advice.

Raemi: dumb?! (closes her fist to control her anger).

Yoochun: (puts his arms behind his head) haist.... Why are you here by the way? It's pretty late at night.

Raemi: You're also here.

Yoochun: What would you're parents say to Jaejoong hyung if they figured out that you're going out of the house in the middle of the night. They would really scold hyung.

Raemi: They won't, 'cause they're not here anymore.

Yoochun: huh? They're in abroad?

Raemi: more than that.

Yoochun: eh?!

Raemi: slow pick-up... (rolled her eyes). They're dead. They died in a plane crash 5 years ago. I've been linving with jaejoongie Oppa's foster family for 5 years too. (He's speechless). It's their death anniversary... (she smiled and became enthusiastic again) See? I don't have parents to bond with anymore. Jaejoongie Oppa did not have real parents since he was four. But you, (holds Yoochun's hands.. she felt electricity but pretended to be fine) you have both of your parents. You also have your younger brother. Your family is still complete. So you don't have to be lonely because you are luckier than a lot of people in this world. Arasseo?

He was staring at her. Then without a second thought, he embraced her. He felt warmth inside.

He walked her home. They were quiet. He felt that certain warmth again with her. Makes him think he wants to be with her forever. He couldn't be in love. Maybe he was just mesmerized about how she handle things so maturely inspite her young age. He couldn't be in love with someone like her.. funky, wild, and childish. However, he can't deny the fact that he finds him cute when she's angry. She got facial expressions that never fails to make him smile. Discovering another side of her, the strong girl who may be negative at times but always enthusiastic, arouses his interest. He wanna know her more... and deeper. He stares at her as they walk. She looks happy and calm. This mood, he wants to see more. He shook his head. I'm not in love with her. She's just a little girl who happens to be my bestfriend's cousin..

Then the snow started falling from the sky turning the city in a cold land of ice.