Casualty

Justin P.O.V

 “You okay”? He asked. I gave him the coldest look I had. But he seem to see right past it and just sighed. I no longer knew how to act with him. I thought he of all people would believe me. But every time I look at him, all I can see is the guy who turned and walked away when I needed him most. He left me to be torn apart by those beasts called reporters and police. Justin Wild the fallen superstar. I mean I expected that from them, they lift you up to tear you down, but not him. No he was always different from the reporters the fake friends my father. He was my brother, he was supposed to be on my side, we were suppose to go down fighting together.

            “What do you care”? I asked him. He tensed and started to take off his seat belt. “Don’t I can go in by myself”, I said. He eyed me cautiously.

            “No trouble Justin”, He spoke in a desperate tone.

            “I thought you believed me”? I asked. He turned away as if he couldn’t even stand the sight of me.

            “I do, but until we get this issue with the judge sorted no trouble, no mistakes”, he replied. “I’m serious”, he warned. Lies he didn’t believe me, if he did I wouldn’t be here right now hiding out in some crappy boarding school.

            “What ever”, I retorted. His eyes grew cold, for a second he resembled my father.

            “Damn it Justin anymore trouble and your living with Ivy,” Julian exploded. He took a deep breath trying to calm his self. “The judge said any more trouble he has to side with Ivy and I won’t be able to stop her, dad’s gone no more excuses, grow up for once”. Another lie there was a way to stop Ivy. All he has to do is write a check. I mean seriously all she really wants is a payoff, Ivy was my dad’s fiancé . My dad died before they could get married so she’s still broke. She’s trying to cash in by getting custody of me. I’m starting to think that Julian doesn’t want to deal with me anymore. Ever since that night he hasn’t been the same.

            “Ok no more trouble”, I promised him.

            “I love you”, Julian said to me. That took me off guard. For a split second I could see the old Julian before he took over the company, he had this innocence about him that I always admired. He use to walk with a smile on his face and a shine in his eyes that made everyone want to be better, everyone including me. He had so much energy; always laughing it was impossible not to laugh along with him. But when dad died everything changed. Dad had left everything to us, including Wild Industries. Which was kind of a shock thinking about it now. Julian and my dad weren’t really that close they had fallout in Julian’s teen years he was sent to boarding school for the rest of his adolescent years, and from boarding school he moved straight to college. Even around the holidays there wasn’t much said between the two of them. The most that was said between the two were a series of curses.  Once I remember a few punches were exchanged over one thanksgiving. I don’t understand why Julian just didn’t sell the company and move on in his own little happy life, that’s just like Julian he always presumed the responsibility that everyone else failed to acknowledge. Like missing a college party to come and rescue me from Ivy, or spending the little money he worked for to pay my bail. But everything just changed when he became the head of Wild Industries. With Wild industries came the bags under his eyes, the stress lines in his face, the grey hairs now in his hair outline adding extra years to his appearance. The innocence he had, the shine in his eyes all vanished along with his freedom. He doesn’t laugh anymore or smile with his head held high, he just presses his fingers to the side of his forehead and looks out onto the world coldly from his office just as my father did.