Surviving College

SURVIVING COLLEGE 

Hey! Congratulations! You're now turning the page of a new chapter in your life that will deal with new hardships and challenges. Here are the tips that will help you survive this new phase of your life:

1. BRACE YOURSELVES AND PREPARE FOR THE WORST.

College is waaaaaaaaaay different from high school. If you can pass a certain subject without even studying in high school, then in college, it's a big no-no. You must prepare yourself in the new challenges that will come to your life, for college is a very big deal that helps you get a better future. You should keep in mind that you're not going to be spoon fed in this level because you are now being trained on how to work independently.

2. TIME MANAGEMENT

Time is a very important thing for us. Especially now in college. You must do all your schoolworks and pass the requirements on time. Also, you must allot time for your studies and for your leisure. You still need time for pleasure but you must balance it with the time for your academic matters.

3. YOU MUST LEARN HOW TO ACT AND WORK INDEPENDENTLY.

In college, you can't just rely on other people. You should know how to stand for yourself and be strong enough to do things on your own. You must know the value of being confident on doing things on your own. Besides, being shy won't do any good to you.

4. CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS WISELY.

It's fun to have new friends in college. But you must also know that not everyone is as good as you think they are. We have these so-called 'fake' friends and would just take advantage of you. You must learn how to choose friends especially because these people would influence you either good or bad.

5. READ A LOT

You cannot survive college without reading a lot. Like what I've said, you will no longer be spoon-fed by your professors. Some professors will just give the syllabus of the subject and then it's now up to you to study or not. Some will give pop-up quiz, some will give a surprise graded recitation. Advance studying is a very important matter in college and it requires more reading.

6. ENJOY.

College may be nerve-cracking, but I assure you it is fun. It will let you experience things you haven't done before. In universities, there are lots of organizations and clubs that’ll help you enhance your talents and abilities. Plus, college’s non-curricular activities are very enjoyable. College may be hard, but that doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy it. In order for you to finish all your school works successfully, you must do them with determination and make sure that you enjoy doing them. 

Good luck to your college life!