Chapter 40- The Aftermath

Calum's P.O.V.

The guys left a little bit after that whole heated conversation happened. Y/N said she was going to take a shower, so I'm just laying here on the bed. Then I forgot...

I still had Y/N's phone.

I looked in the nightstand, and it wasn't there. Then I remembered I left it in the car.

~~~

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Y/N as I got back from getting her phone. She was sitting on the bed, looking outside at the mountains.

"I'm holding up. I just can't believe he could be so... heartless. I mean, he was my best friend, it's hard knowing that he's not anymore. But I guess it worked out for the better. Ashton and Luke said they'd keep in touch, and they said I could call them whenever, if I got ahold of a phone," she said.

I sat down next to her and handed her the phone.

"Nice timing," she said with a light smile. She unlocked her phone and read through all the texts.

"I wonder how they... Nevermind," she said.

"What were you gonna say?" I asked.

"I was gonna say, 'I wonder how they found us,' but..." she handed me the phone and I looked at the text message.

Luke-warm: Smart ass shouldn't have left the Find My iPhone app open. We're coming!!!!!

"Ha. Luke-warm, that's pretty good," I said.

"I have Mike-ro-wave and Rainbow Ash on here too," she said laughing.

I laughed too.

"Are you mad?" she asked.

"Why would I be mad?" I asked.

"Because I didn't know who to choose," she said.

I sighed, "no. I understand it's a hard decision. I mean, choosing between two people... it's difficult."

"You're a really understanding person, Cal," she said, looking up at me.

"Hmm... I'm trying," I said, looking down at her. I briefly kissed her lips, and gave her a smile as we disconnected.

"Tomorrow's your birthday, Love," I said.

"Oh, yeah. Nineteen. Gotta embrace the teen years," she said.

"I have something special planned," I kissed the top of her head.

"Really, what else could you do? We did everything today? It couldn't get better," she said.

"Well, we won't have an intrusion tomorrow, and we didn't do everything today. Believe me, you'll love it," I said.

"I'm keeping my expectations up then," she said.

"Good. We should get some sleep, it's been a long day."