Chapter 9: I Just Want to Eat my Breakfast.

Chapter 9: I Just Want to Eat My Breakfast.

When I woke the next morning, the birds were chirping, the sun was in the sky, and squirrels were scurrying from tree to tree. It was a beautiful day; not too hot, not too cold. Not a single cloud was in the bright blue sky. If I were home with Tyler and Nick, we would have taken advantage of it and gone swimming or something.

A sharp pang echoed in my heart. It was then I realized there was no turning back at this point. There wasn't any turning back the moment that van pulled up to the house.

I slid down from the tree and began to head west; the general direction of where South Carolina was. I would reach it eventually. It may take a week or so, but I would make it.

My stomach growled. When had I last eaten? I didn't eat at all yesterday. I was too drunk on adrenaline to even think about food.

I decided to walk a few and then head into town to grab a bite to eat, then get the hell out of there. The less time I hang around, the better.

As I walked, I noticed all the birds in the trees. Their beautiful stripes and colours reminded me of Tyler when we would take walks through the woods.

Another sharp pang to the heart. My conscience told me this was a bad idea. Guilt told me otherwise. But what was I guilty of? Having powers I didn't even know existed?

No. I told myself. Thinking about it too much would change my mind. I was determined to keep them safe. They don't want my pack, they want me. They'll figure out I've left.

Deep down somewhere, I knew that these hunters or whoever they are would find me. They would experiment on me and whatnot. But the terror hadn't really caught up to me yet. I was too in the moment.

I hadn't even noticed that I had made it into town until my feet hit concrete. I immediately took cover in some trees and scouted out the area. I didn't see any suspicious-looking people hovering around the treeline, waiting for me, so I cautiously walked out.

There was a diner a little ways away, so I headed that way. I was extremely nervous walking over there, thinking someone may catch me or ask me why I was covered in dirt. I picked out a few leaves, smoothed down my hair, and pushed open the door to the small restaurant.

Not many people occupied the dining area, considering the sun had barely risen. Nevertheless, a perky waitress approached me. "Welcome to the Sunny Side Diner!" she chirped, a smile plastered on her face. "Booth or chair?" she asked. Her name tag said Cathy.

"Booth," I said in response. She nodded briskly and led me to a booth in the corner. There were windows on either side, which made me even more nervous. Cathy handed me a menu and walked away.

I glanced around again. There was a man sitting in the corner I had not noticed before. He immediately gave me the chills. He had a certain scent that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Not human, I knew that much. I wondered if he could tell I was a wolf. I buried my face in my menu.

When Cathy came back, I ordered a small breakfast, not wanting to waste money. "Honey, you look a little on edge. Is every thing alright...?" she paused, indicating she didn't know my name. "Luna," I answered impulsively. I realized my mistake immediately. The man's head snapped up, and we made eye contact. I turned away quickly, my heart racing. "I-I'm fine," I stuttered. She frowned and walked away to give the chef my order.

The mystery man was now talking into his phone. I couldn't hear him; he was murmuring too quietly. Even my own lykanthrope ears couldn't pick up what he was saying.

I was panicked now, but I was determined to stand my ground. Once I've eaten, then I'll get out of here faster than you can say "werewolf".

Cathy came back with my food, and I ate quickly and left the money on the table and ran from the diner.

I hid around the corner of the diner to see if the mystery man would follow me. Sure enough, he dashed out of the small restaurant, looking around wildly. I quickly ducked back behind the corner and ran for the trees.

I could hear him crashing through the woods behind me. "Come here, Little Pup. Someone wants to see you," he taunted.

My blood ran cold. Only the pack knew that nickname.

He obviously saw my surprise and decided to go all carpé diem on me and grab me. A sharp pain stung my arm, and the last thing I noticed before I passed out was his smell. He smelled sweet, like citrus. That was weird, because that was the scent of a...

_____________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

BOOM PLOT TWIST WHAT

heehejeiksnfkalala

yeah so sorry for the late update, summer is coming around so they should be more frequent, hopefully I can finish this book by the end of summer.

I'm looking for an editor, someone with good grammar and spelling, someone who is willing to read my stories and help me improve upon them. message me if you are interested. :)

Vote

Comment

Follow