Tiny Not Shiny

Kaida stood up and brushed herself off, laughing at Maui who had landed several feet away. Crash landing was not something unknown to her and she fluffed her feathers a little, offering Maui a stick to pull him up. He took it and man was he heavy.
"You need to lose wait," She teases, finally dropping the stick.
"You know to gain muscles," He bit back, grinning.
"What? Pfft, look at these bad girls," She flexed her arms, mimicking Maui's egotistic pose.
"Right, right." Maui rolled his eyes and Kaida pretended to roll them back. "Let's just find something to fight."

Kaida, having been distracted, finally started looking around at the world they'd jumped into. Above them was the sea and it made her stomach flip just watching the fish above her. A shark stopped and peered down at them and Kaida snarled, baring her teeth. The shark, scared jumped away. She felt accomplished for a moment before she realise Maui had transformed into a large bear. She flicked a stone at him and rolled her eyes. He transformed back and mimicked rolling her eyes back to her.

For a while, they Maui showed her around the exotic wilderness, pointing to certain places and reciting impressive battles between him and other monsters. As would be expected, nothing tried to bother them. They continued walking until Maui almost stepped on a tiny crab. It shouted in a tiny, high-pitched voice and snapped at Maui foot. Maui picked it up by its claw. For a coconut crab, it looked pretty small, big enough to sit in Maui's hand.
"Excuse me you giant chunk of flesh-" The small crab began to shout. Its shell was filthy, covered in smile and green moss.
"Err... hi?" Kaida peered at the small creature, a curious glint in her eyes.
"Tamatoa, pleased to meet you," He held out a claw, puffing out his chest in a similar way to Maui.
"Ok, that's enough of this meeting. She can't touch you, you'll die. Bye-bye, Toes." Maui says, flicking the tiny crab away. However, that wasn't the last they heard of that crab.

Later on, just as Maui finished off another monster, the crab returned.
"You know, it's pretty rude to discard someone like that." Tamatoa said, running alongside them. "Especially after you stood on them - look what you did to my leg!" The tiny creature stuck out one of its many legs and the smallest crack was visible.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Maui said, swinging his hook over his shoulder.
"You know - Maui - he has a point. You did stand on him. We owe him." In truth, Kaida sympathised with him. She knew what it was like to be alone. Maui looked like he was about to protest but he just sighed in defeat.
"Fine..." He huffs. "But you're keeping him." Maui dropped the crab onto a large shell and handed it to Kaida.

They continued walking with Tamatoa doing most of the talking. He loved to talk about himself and all the places he'd been. Maui and he started to find some ground together on their love of themselves, it was the scaffolding of a friendship. Kaida smiled as Tamatoa hopped onto Maui's shoulder. Maui didn't flinch or flick him off, just sighed and watched the small crab on his shoulder.
"I'm starving. Come to my cave, let's eat." Tamatoa finally said. He jumped off Maui shoulder and ran forward, leaving Maui and Kaida to run behind them. Kaida flew because it was faster and Maui didn't need to put much effort in to run alongside the crab.

The crab took them to a giant shell-shaped mountain.
"I give you, my home!" He spread his claws and span around.
"How do we get in?" Maui asked incredulously.
"Here, of course." The tiny crab gestured to a small hole underneath a boulder.
"My wings won't fit through that," Kaida laughs. Maui starts pushing the boulder until it shifts out the way to reveal a large cave entrance. "They'll fit through there, though."