Chapter 12

Chapter 12
RORY POV
Dad agreed to handle the pre-nup for me and get it sent over to Mitchum to look over and have Logan sign it. I headed back to the apartment after meeting with Dad. When I got back, I was surprised to find Logan home already. "Hey your home early." I said, closing the front door behind me as I entered the apartment.

"Yeah, got done early." Logan said.

"That's good." I said walking into the kitchen and starting the coffee pot. "Everything okay?" I asked him.

"Colin called me today." Logan said, causing me to turn around.

"Logan, I can explain."

"Were you going to tell me?"

"I had planned on telling you last night but you were drunk and in a crappy mood when I got home so I didn't." I said.

"That's your reason."

"Yes...no...I don't know. I let my Grandma get in my head. She brought up your history of being a playboy and talked about how much like your Dad you are....and I just don't know Logan. She said that it was to protect me more than anything."

"Protect you? From what?" I didn't say anything. "Does she think that I want your money? Your family's money. Does she not understand how much I love you...that I don't care about your family's money?"

"She gets it, Logan! She just thinks that I'm going to end up divorced and alone!" I yelled. I had finally let it out. I had finally said every thing that I had been feeling for the last couple of weeks. "Logan, I --"

"Is that how you feel?" Logan asked.

"I don't know. I know that I love you, but Logan I don't know what the future holds." I said. "Nobody does." I turned around and grabbed my purse. "I'll be back later." I said and walked out. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew that I couldn't be around Logan at that moment. I needed something stronger than coffee.

LOGAN POV
She left. She just walked out. If she was worried that she was going to end up divorced and alone, then why were we even getting married. How could she not see that I wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with her and start a family. Rory was my whole world. When she left, I realized that I needed to do something. So I did the only thing that I could think of. I called Chris. "Can you meet me?" I asked him.

"Sure thing. Where?" He said. I gave him the name of the pub that we used to go to at Yale. When I hung up the phone with Chris, I walked out of the apartment and headed down to the parking garage to my car. I headed to New Haven. I needed to talk to Chris about this pre-nup myself. I needed to understand why Rory would want to do this. I felt that Chris was the only person that would probably tell me the truth about it.

RORY POV
I was sitting at a pub near our apartment building. I figured that if Logan really wanted to come looking for me, he would check here. I was sitting at the bar, drinking a beer when I heard a familiar voice. "You okay?"

I turned to look and sure enough it was Colin. "What do you want Colin? Logan send you to make sure that I don't end up on Page Six." I said.

"No. I haven't talked to Logan."

"Course you haven't."

"What's that supposed to mean, Rory?" Colin asked.

I turned so that I was completely facing him. "It means that you work for my Dad. It means that you were in the office today when I went to talk to him and when I left you called Logan and told him why I was there. He told me." I said, turning back to my beer.

"Rory, I'm looking out for him." Colin said.

"Don't Colin." I said.

Colin leaned forward. "You have Logan and Finn both wrapped around your finger. Someone has to look out for them."