a lot can happen over a hotline

"This is Starbucks, what can I get you?"

"Uh, hey."

"Finn?"

"Yeah. It's me."

"you haven't called in weeks."

"I-I know. And I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? Finn, you don't realize how hurt I was. Every day I came to working hoping you would call. And you never did. I thought you hated me."

"I don't hate you Millie."

"It sure seems like it."

"I needed time to think."

"Think? Think about what?"

"M-my feelings. My feelings for you."

"your what?"

"I like you. I can't get you out of my head. I know it's crazy, but I can't help how I feel."

"Finn-"

"And I don't care if you don't feel the same way. I just needed to tell you that before it was too late. I'm sorry I haven't called, I'm not good at expressing how I feel. I've never felt this way before."

"I-I don't know what to say."

"Just look outside."

"Wait, what?"

"Come outside."

Millie slowly placed the phone on the counter and walked towards the door. She stepped outside and looked around, her heart beating out of her chest. This was it. She was finally meeting Finn. The boy she met over the phone. The boy she liked for so long.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice, a voice she was all too familiar with, "Millie?"

She spun around, and was face to face with the boy she had grown so fond of. There he was. Finn Wolfhard.

Her smile grew wide, "Finn?"

He nodded, and the girl ran and jumped into his arms, and he spun her around. She couldn't stop smiling, and neither could he.

When he finally let go of her, she studied him. He was pale with freckles, and he had deep brown eyes. The kind you could get lost in. He had dark brown, almost black, hair, that stuck up all over the place. He wasn't what she expected, he was even better.

Finn took a long glance at the girl standing before him. Her short brown hair and glasses were adorable to him, and he loved the way she smiled.

"It's really you." Millie grinned.

Finn smiled when he saw her smile, gosh she was perfect, "Can I take you up on that free latte you promised me?"

She laughed and grabbed the boys hand, "Why of course! Follow me."

When they got to the door, Millie turned around and faced Finn, "Before we go inside, I need to tell you something."

Finn frowned, and he looked at the girl curiously. Was she going to reject him? Tell him she didn't feel the same way? Was she going to tell him to get lost and never call again?

Before he knew what was happening, her lips were pressed against his. This connection between them was nothing he had felt before. It was warm and special. That was all it took for both of them to realize, they had liked each other all along.

When he pulled away, Millie let out a small laugh, "all of this because of the Starbucks Hotline, huh?"

He smiled and laughed along with her, "A lot can happen over a hotline."

the end