Chapter 2

I rush around the kitchen, trying to find a dang spatula. A beeping noise interrupts me, bringing my attention to the now burning pancakes. I curse under my breath, grasping a fork and going to the pan. Flipping the food over, I groan when I see they're all burnt.

"What is that smell?" My dad asks, scaring the crap out of me.

"Dad! You're home early. I thought you and Billy were out fishing?" I question, throwing away the inedible food.

"Yeah, well it started raining so we decided to come back. Since when do you make breakfast?"

"I wanted to do something special for you." Truth is, Embry is going to be here any second so we can tell Dad the news. I thought if I made a good breakfast, he wouldn't be as angry.

"Uh huh, what do you want?" The doorbell rings, and I quickly go to open it. Embry stands there, rocking back and forth on his heels. I grab his hand, pulling him inside. "You wanted him over? That's why you made breakfast? Lucy, he can come over whenever. I actually like him."

"I'm really glad you said that, because we have something to tell you."

"You're not getting married are you?" He groans. I shake my head, laughing at his behavior. I motion for him to sit down, which he does with a weary expression. I take Embry's hand, pulling him next to me.

"Dad, I'm pregnant. I know, we're young and still in school, but we have everything planned out. I'll take classes and graduate in two months, Embry has a job so we can buy what we need. Sam and Emily have a house in their backyard that they're letting us rent from so the baby doesn't wake you up. Everything will be fine." I rush out. Dad remains motionless, not saying or doing anything. After a while, he takes a deep breath and stands up. "Daddy?" He turns to Embry.

"You're lucky I like you, or else I'd have you arrested." He puts his hand out for Embry to shake, which he does after letting out a sigh of relief. "Better treat my daughter and grandchild right." Dad warns. I smile, giving him a hug.

"Thank you, daddy."

So, Charlie finally knows. I honestly thought of making him really pissed off, but I decided not to. To me, he doesn't like Edward because he has a feeling that he's something different, something inhumanly. I know Embry is kinda the same, but wolves are all about protecting their land and loved ones. I understand not all vampires are evil, but everyone's first reaction to them is that they drink human blood and are murderers. I feel like Charlie knows that Edward isn't human, which is why he doesn't like him. And Embry is almost the exact opposite of him. He's not fully human, but he's really protective over his land and Lucy. And Charlie can see that Embry has a pure heart. Does that make sense? I don't know, that's just what I think. Anyways, thanks for reading! And thank you guys for all the votes and comments! I love knowing what you guys think about my story. Thanks again!