Chapter 9-Subjects

Start from the beginning

‭    "‬Stay‭ ‬down,‭ ‬and‭ ‬no‭ ‬one‭ ‬gets‭ ‬hurt.‭"

    "What‭ ‬do‭ ‬you‭ ‬want‭ ‬with‭ ‬us‭?" ‬I‭ ‬growled.‭ ‬She‭ ‬waited‭ ‬a‭ ‬moment‭ ‬before‭ ‬speaking.

‭    "‬You‭ ‬will‭ ‬know‭ ‬soon‭ ‬enough.‭" ‬With‭ ‬that,‭ ‬the‭ ‬drug‭ ‬in‭ ‬the‭ ‬air‭ ‬finally‭ ‬took‭ ‬me‭ ‬over,‭ ‬letting‭ ‬me‭ ‬fall‭ ‬into‭ ‬a‭ ‬deep‭ ‬sleep.

    When‭ ‬I‭ ‬awoke,‭ ‬I‭ ‬found‭ ‬myself‭ ‬to‭ ‬be‭ ‬sitting‭ ‬on‭ ‬the‭ ‬floor‭ ‬with‭ ‬chains‭ ‬on‭ ‬my‭ ‬wrists‭ ‬and‭ ‬ankles,‭ ‬holding‭ ‬me‭ ‬against‭ ‬the‭ ‬wall.‭ ‬My‭ ‬head‭ ‬felt‭ ‬heavy,‭ ‬and‭ ‬the‭ ‬room‭ ‬was‭ ‬cold.‭ ‬Large‭ ‬vertical‭ ‬bars‭ ‬were‭ ‬a‭ ‬few‭ ‬feet‭ ‬away‭ ‬from‭ ‬me,‭ ‬locking‭ ‬me‭ ‬from‭ ‬the‭ ‬outside.‭ ‬It‭ ‬took‭ ‬me‭ ‬a‭ ‬moment‭ ‬to‭ ‬realize‭ ‬that‭ ‬I‭ ‬had‭ ‬also‭ ‬been‭ ‬stripped‭ ‬down‭ ‬to‭ ‬my‭ ‬underwear.

‭    "‬Where‭ ‬the‭ ‬hell‭ ‬am‭ ‬I‭?" ‬I‭ ‬mumbled.‭ ‬It‭ ‬was‭ ‬then‭ ‬that‭ ‬I‭ ‬jumped‭ ‬when‭ ‬a‭ ‬face‭ ‬quickly‭ ‬turned‭ ‬to‭ ‬look‭ ‬at‭ ‬me.‭ ‬The‭ ‬body‭ ‬quickly‭ ‬followed‭ ‬with‭ ‬it.‭ ‬It‭ ‬was‭ ‬one‭ ‬of‭ ‬Kybe‭'‬s‭ ‬kind‭ ‬as‭ ‬they‭ ‬hung‭ ‬off‭ ‬the‭ ‬wall,‭ ‬then‭ ‬jumped‭ ‬off‭ ‬to‭ ‬stare‭ ‬at‭ ‬me.‭ ‬Luckily,‭ ‬he‭ ‬was‭ ‬outside‭ ‬of‭ ‬the‭ ‬bars.

‭    "‬I‭ ‬see‭ ‬they‭ ‬actually‭ ‬captured‭ ‬a‭ ‬human‭ ‬this‭ ‬time.‭" ‬he‭ ‬growled.‭ ‬His‭ ‬tail‭ ‬wagged‭ ‬slowly‭ ‬behind‭ ‬me‭ ‬as‭ ‬a‭ ‬curious‭ ‬expression‭ ‬grew‭ ‬upon‭ ‬his‭ ‬face.‭ ‬He‭ ‬sat‭ ‬on‭ ‬the‭ ‬ground‭ ‬like‭ ‬a‭ ‬dog‭ ‬with‭ ‬his‭ ‬claws‭ ‬in‭ ‬front‭ ‬of‭ ‬him‭ ‬as‭ ‬he‭ ‬tilted‭ ‬his‭ ‬head.‭ ‬I‭ ‬was‭ ‬able‭ ‬to‭ ‬get‭ ‬a‭ ‬good‭ ‬look‭ ‬at‭ ‬him‭ ‬since‭ ‬l‭ ‬he‭ ‬sat‭ ‬under‭ ‬a‭ ‬light.

    His‭ ‬hair‭ ‬was‭ ‬silver,‭ ‬trimmed‭ ‬almost‭ ‬like‭ ‬Kybe‭'‬s,‭ ‬but‭ ‬a‭ ‬little‭ ‬longer‭ ‬and‭ ‬messier.‭ ‬His‭ ‬eyes‭ ‬glowed‭ ‬a‭ ‬darker‭ ‬red,‭ ‬but‭ ‬they‭ ‬held‭ ‬no‭ ‬hunger‭ ‬for‭ ‬my‭ ‬flesh‭ ‬like‭ ‬the‭ ‬originals.‭ ‬His‭ ‬scales‭ ‬that‭ ‬covered‭ ‬the‭ ‬same‭ ‬amount‭ ‬of‭ ‬flesh‭ ‬as‭ ‬everyone‭ ‬else‭ ‬was‭ ‬a‭ ‬cleaner‭ ‬and‭ ‬brighter‭ ‬shade‭ ‬of‭ ‬black,‭ ‬glowing‭ ‬brightly‭ ‬under‭ ‬the‭ ‬light.‭ ‬But,‭ ‬unlike‭ ‬most‭ ‬of‭ ‬their‭ ‬kind,‭ ‬him‭ ‬and‭ ‬Kybe‭ ‬only‭ ‬had‭ ‬one‭ ‬tail,‭ ‬while‭ ‬the‭ ‬originals,‭ ‬had‭ ‬three.‭

    "What‭ ‬are‭ ‬you‭ ‬doing‭ ‬here‭? ‬Where‭ ‬am‭ ‬I‭?" ‬I‭ ‬asked,‭ ‬lifted‭ ‬my‭ ‬head‭ ‬to‭ ‬get‭ ‬a‭ ‬better‭ ‬look‭ ‬at‭ ‬his‭ ‬face.‭ ‬He‭ ‬seemed‭ ‬younger‭ ‬than‭ ‬Kybe,‭ ‬but‭ ‬it‭ ‬was‭ ‬hard‭ ‬to‭ ‬tell‭ ‬since‭ ‬even‭ ‬the‭ ‬old‭ ‬ones‭ ‬had‭ ‬wrinkle‭ ‬free‭ ‬skin.

‭    "‬I‭ ‬am‭ ‬a‭ ‬test‭ ‬subject,‭ ‬just‭ ‬like‭ ‬your‭ ‬little‭ ‬friend‭ ‬that‭ ‬you‭ ‬came‭ ‬with.‭ ‬Master‭ ‬was‭ ‬mad‭ ‬that‭ ‬219‭ ‬was‭ ‬disobeying‭ ‬his‭ ‬orders‭ ‬and‭ ‬trying‭ ‬to‭ ‬run‭ ‬away.‭ ‬He‭ ‬is‭ ‬being‭ ‬punished‭ ‬for‭ ‬his‭ ‬actions‭ ‬right‭ ‬now.‭ ‬For‭ ‬you,‭ ‬we‭ ‬are‭ ‬in‭ ‬a‭ ‬lab‭ ‬where‭ ‬they‭ ‬test‭ ‬on‭ ‬the‭ ‬immunes‭ ‬and‭ ‬my‭ ‬kind.‭ ‬You‭ ‬must‭ ‬be‭ ‬an‭ ‬immune,‭ ‬yes‭?" ‬He‭ ‬looked‭ ‬at‭ ‬me‭ ‬as‭ ‬if‭ ‬I‭ ‬knew.‭