You're Already On Board

OMG you guys! I'm so sorry!

My snow day was not what I thought it'd be! We ended up trapped inside for two days and a blizzard knocked out some fairly important power lines, so I couldn't even update!

Hope this chapter makes up for it. Time jump occurs during this chapter.

Enjoy!

While her dad got settled, Kate thought of how she was going to explain her changed relationship with Rick. She was fine with everyone knowing. The part of her memory that was murky still assumed everyone knew, but the fact that her dad wanted an explanation made her strangely nervous. It was as though she was a little kid again, telling her father she had a crush on a boy. Except, this time, she was grown. And in love.

Her dad came down shortly after she'd decided what she would say. "Hey, Dad? Could you... could you come here for a second?" Jim came and joined his daughter on the couch. "I just wanted to tell you," she paused to take a deep breath "Rick and I, what we have, is special. I haven't been this happy in a long time and I- I love him daddy, and I know it's fast and maybe he isn't exactly what you expected-"

"No, Katie, no. I'm happy for you. I know I haven't known Rick for long and we aren't exactly the best of friends, but I know he cares a lot about you. Besides, I haven't seen that beaming smile since your Mom, and anyone that makes you that happy is more than okay with me."

"Really?"

"Really!" Jim watched his daughter debate over something in her head before she squealed and ran towards in full force. She spun and landed in his lap and they embraced warmly. It was as thought she was a little girl again and they both reveled in the feeling before the pain set in. Kate wasn't as light as she used to be as a kid and Kate's stitches still pulled quite a bit.

"Why don't you go takes some pain pills, get some rest. We'll try some outside trailing a little later." Kate looked confused she only done that with- "Rick made it very clear that you were to do all your therapy and get plenty of rest over the weekend." Kate rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's antics, but his sentiment melted her heart. He really was always watching out for her.

Kate gave her father one last hug, then went upstairs to rest. She found it hard, considering she didn't have Rick's warmth with her, but the smell of his clothes made the drowsiness almost overtake her. She couldn't quite doze off though, so she decided, what would be the harm in texting him?

Hey handsome :) Currently smelling your clothes in order to fall asleep. Is that weird?

She got a response shortly after. No, it's incredibly hot, but I'm in a Black Pawn meeting so please don't go there.

She giggled and then took a picture of herself sticking her tongue out and sent it to him. She figured it looked adorable enough to look innocent.

Might begin to reply slower. Paula's shooting daggers at me. Btw, you look cute when your scruffy :P

Thanks... I think. Sorry I'm not there to protect you, but I know personally that you know how to handle yourself around women ;)

She laughed at his reply. Kate, seriously, stop it.

She suddenly had an idea and sent him another picture. This one not so innocent.

IN NEW YORK

Rick saw that he had a picture message in his phone and sipped some water as he opened it. He immediately regretted that however when he saw the picture of Kate. She had his shirt fully unbuttoned and the lapels were just barely covering her naked breasts. She had on a flirty face and the hand that wasn't holding the phone was used to blow him a kiss. He almost ran straight out of the meeting and back to the cabin. Luckily, Paula snapped him out of it.