Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

No way was he getting away with this before anything even does happen! I’m a man; I’ll protect Azmaria even if it kills me because Luffy told me to! That, and we’re nakama! I had my slingshot ready for action. Granted that my hands were shaking, but look at this guy! He means business! “I’m warning you! I’m the captain of a feared crew of 80,000 men! If you step in that cave, war will break through!” it may be just bluff but I’m one to keep my word, we’ll declare war on him if he tried to harm our friends! I had my aim right where I wanted it to be.

He scoffed and then smirked. It was the kind of gruff voice you’d never want to hear.  “Is that so? Well? What’re you waiting for, do it” he taunted, snickering. Those are fighting words if I ever heard them.

“You ask for it!” I squeaked as my trembling hands steadied and I took aim. I let out a firecracker ball at him, but he swatted it away! Once it hit his arm, at least—but nothing happened. He grinned devilishly and cracked his knuckles again. I bet you could have heard that a while away! I was stuck like a statue in fear as he walked closer. We were standing face to face. This guy was big, tall, and looked like he had an ugly sense of moral…oh wait, he does!

“Any last words?” he asked, readying his fingers for the pummeling I’m about to receive. He had a bone to pick with me…unfortunately, this could cost me mine.

My fleeing instincts kicked in. “Oh! I just remembered that I have to pick up my ill sister’s medicine! So, if you’ll excuse me…” I turned around to start running, but he caught me. He pulled me up to look eye to almost eye with him by clutching on my overalls and raising me up. I’m glad I don’t wear a collar, otherwise I’d be choking!

“I don’t think so. That nose says you’re full of lies” he deducted before knocking the wind out of my stomach. Blood came out of my mouth, but I couldn’t give up now!

Sitting on my knees, and clutching my stomach, I yelled, “Don’t…! Rune—Azmaria is in there. Stay away from her” I coughed out some more blood as his eyes widened.

“Azmaria? That runt is here? Oh, Derek’s been losing his touch, it seems” he laughed, licking his lips like a mad man. I gasped.

He made his way to the door and that’s when I started shooting at him again. “Oh, no, you’re not going anywhere!” what was I thinking!? I couldn’t possibly take this guy on! But my friend…she would be in danger. She’s a lot like Kaya—she loves to hear my lies and is hurting. She told me before—Derek is the name of her uncle. If we’re not careful, she could go back to her unstable home! And I’m a man; I have to stick up for my friends!

He turned back. “Looks like Pinocchio’s still not getting it yet. Looks like I’ll have to beat it into you” he said. Fast as lightning he appeared and I couldn’t stop him. He beat the tar out of me and left for Azmaria. I couldn’t save her. Luffy is going to kill me! Tears filled my eyes by the time he dropped me down on the ground and locked the broken door behind him. All I could move was my right arm but all I did was pound it on the ground consecutively. “Dang it…! Dang it!”

I tried my hardest to move. I managed to drag myself closer to the door but it was not enough. I passed out for some seconds a few times. What shook me up was the sound of a gunshot. Azmaria never shot unless she was really scared. That woke up me up. Then it got quiet, and that was what scared me the most. Azmaria isn’t strong. My head was throbbing when I heard the door creak open. I raised my heard to see the oversized freak carrying Azmaria (who was clearly knocked out)! What’s worse is that he purposely stepped on me five times! Curse my long legs! I think he crushed a few bones as well! He’s getting away with Azmaria, I got to tell Luffy!

“Luffy!” I squeaked. My shaking hand grabbed one of the vines to try and pull myself up. I need to tell him. He’ll definitely save her. He will!