Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 11

-          Ussop’s Point of View Still

It was a nice day, and not a breeze in sight. Well, you can’t see it but there was definitely nothing to feel. I licked my finger and held it out to make sure. “Nope, not a thing. Guess I’ll have to investigate.”

Yet what caught my attention was this apparently dancing patch of flowers nearby. I squatted down to get a closer look at this patch. That was when I realized that the flowers weren’t dancing it all. That was then it hit me. They were getting sucked under, as were the cuffs to my overalls. Well, trying too, by this lined square and a small hole. 

“Man, this is really weird.” I touched the flowers that were inside the lines. They looked a little off from the other ones. “Hey, these are fake.”

I wondered what was under this hole. While bending down to attempt to look through the hole, it sucks my nose in! “Whoa!”

I had to bob my head three times until I rolled back. I held my nose in pain. “Well, that got rid of several unwanted nose hairs (and a couple of eyelashes) anyways.” I shrugged but I knew I had to go back. Cautiously I went around it. Inspecting it, I realized that there were only three lines and the hole was in the middle of one, sort of like an opening. I went to the side that wasn’t lined and pulled the hole and like I thought, it was like a trap door. And now I know why it was shut. It was like a tunnel or a tube with a black hole inside of it sucking up all the flowers around it.

Walking around to study it, a big rock started rolling towards the tube and because I tripped on it, I got sucked in too. “Why me?!” I cried out as I disappeared into the tube of doom.

-          Nami’s point of view

Once we learned from the mysterious woman about who we’re dealing with, Luffy was even more determined than ever to save Azmaria. I know that look. It’s the same look he gets when he’s enrages and will stop at nothing to help a matter that’s not even his own just for the sake of a friend. Although I’m hoping it’s not just friends with them. Luffy may look the same, but his aura was a little different. He was angrier than usual. He’s not one to be angry quickly. But of course his boisterous personality doesn’t make him seem that way for long because of his usual rash impulse.

Luffy and Zorro opened the window and were already running out the wrong way. “Hey you dopes! It’s that way!” I stuck my head out of the window but I knew that there was no stopping them. As always, I have to navigate them because they’re hopeless on their own.

I hopped out the window and ran to catch up with them at full speed, smacking them both in the head to get them to stop. “I said stop, you morons!” I yelled at them. “Do you even think before you leap? It’s this way, come on!” I started running only to see that they stopped. I skidded my feet not even understanding a bit of this. “I start and you stop, what the hell?!” I asked.

Luffy grinned almost devilishly. “If it’s that way, let’s not waste any time.” And with that his arms stretched out, pulling past me and latched around two trees further away as he started walking backwards. His grin grew wider. “Gum…Gum…”

Mine and Zorro’s eyes widened as our face paled. Knowing Luffy, we need to run. “We got to get out of here!” Zorro called out, already catching up to me and throwing me over his shoulder.

“What, Zorro put me down!” I demanded, pounding at his back.

But it was useless as Luffy jumped and started towards us. “Transport!” he yelled, colliding with us much too gleefully and sent us shooting through the map! Needless to say the only thing that came out of this was that we were actually going in the right direction.