Life Behind the Scenes

Lyric POV

"Stop dad stop!" I hollered as my abusive father continuously whipped me with his thick leather belt.

He had just finished guzzling down a bottle of Whiskey. That's all he does now is drink his problems away.

  My dad became this way after he got injured in the Army and had to get his leg amputated. He now has to walk around with a prosthetic leg. And my mom well she got addicted to drugs when she found out the news about my dad during the time he was in Iraq and got sent home. Which I don't understand why she became this way.

"Lyric shut the hell up before I make it worser than it already is!!!" My dad shouted to me.

  He told me the only way he can release his anger is by beating me. I didn't do anything I just layed there and sobbed as I took the whopping. He finally stopped. I watched him as he put his belt back on and walked out of my room and shut the door. No one knew what my life was like.

  I crawled to the head of my bed laying down under the covers, crying myself to sleep.

SATURDAY 6AM

I groaned as I felt someone shaking me in my sleep. I opened my eyes and jumped at the sight before me. It was my mother. She looked so terrible. Those drugs are really taking a toll on her life.

"Umm L-lyric you got ten dollars mommy can get sweety?" She asked while scratching and twitching.

"No. I don't, why didn't you ask dad?" I lied, on the verge of crying looking at my mother.

My dad still has lots of money from when he was in the Army and is still receiving so I don't know why she's asking me for money. I mean I do have a job working at The Diner as a waitress making a lil money but that isn't much. My dad won't give me any money so I'm making it on my on.

"Now you know that man won't give me any money. We barley communicate. It's like we're two strangers living in a house together." She said.

"Well you know you could always sto-" I was beginning to say before she cut me off.

"Lyric I don't have time for your lecture. I'll quit when I want to." She said as she walked out the room and closed the door.

I sat there and shook my head after I heard her say that. I just wish things could go back to normal because right now my life is a living hell.

Oh! I forgot to introduce myself...silly me. Well I'm Lyric as you already know. I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I currently live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm mixed with black and Indian. My mom is black and my dad is Indian. I stand about 5'4 and thick in all the right places. My hair stops right above my booty. But enough about me.

I layed back on my bed and grabbed my cell phone off the nightstand. I looked at the time to see it was 6:50 in the morning. I decided to call up my girl Shylee. She's my bestfriend and the only person I could trust. I pressed the call button waiting for her to answer.

RING! RING! RING!

"Heyy hoe! Why you up so early?" Shylee said.

"Got awoken up out my sleep and why you up so early?"

"Girl you know I been on my grind at Magic City." She said.

Oh yeah I forgot that Shylee is a stripper at Magic City. She had to make it on her own after her father and mother died 3 years ago in a car accident. But she's not like any of these other strippers that hoe around. She make her money and get up out that bitch. There's been times where she tried to get me to work there but I'm not sure bout all that.