Chapter 14

Ok guys here the next chapter! Please vote,comment and tell me if you want a dedication!

     The song I put in doesn't have anyhting to do with this chapter really, I was on youtube and somehow found that. I thought it was really beautiful so I looked up the English lyrics and I thought, if the lyrics I found are right, that its really sweet. Well anyway enjoy the next chapter, I know it's kinda short and boring but it is important!

=================================================================================

                                                       Lucky's P.O.V

==================================================================================

      The bell rang just than, so we were forced to leave Queenie and Jezebel and go to homeroom. 

      "So did Flame tell you the big news?" Susie asked me, a sly smile on her face.

      Flame looked at Susie horrified. "No! That's supposed to be a secret! In fact...how did you even find out?!" Flame exclaimed.

    "Well Lucky is the only one of us who doesn't know," Fiona pointed out. "You should tell her!"

    "Tell me what?" I demanded.

    "Well guess who asked Flame out last night?" Susie asked.

    "Seth?"

    Flame looked at me and blinked. "How did you know?"

    "It was kinda obvious."

    'It was?" Flame asked, blushing as red as her hair, when we got to homeroom. We took some seats in the right corner of the last row.

    I giggled,"Since when are you embarrassed?"

    Flame frowned. "Your right. i don't know what got into me! I'm better now!" She was no longer blushing.

    "So you have to give me details woman!" I exclaimed unable to help myself. "How did he ask you, where, and when is the date!"

    Flame looked at me with her eyebrows raised but complied anyway.

    "Well like I said it was last night, I was at home doing....stuff when he called me.  It wasn't the first time, so I wasn't surprised."

    "He called you before?" Fiona asked.

    Flame blinked and replied, "Yeah but we never talked about going out or anything. Just really joked around."

     Susie glared."You idiot! That's the first sign that a guy likes you!"

    "Jacob called me too!" Flame pointed out.

    "Who called more - Seth or Jacob?"

     Flame remained silent.

      Susie gave a smug smile. "I thought so."

     I nudged Flame. "So when is the date?"

     Flame shrugged.

    Susie, Fiona and I leaned closer to her. Just as she was about to tell us the teacher walked in. i groaned softly so that no one was able to hear me but my friends.

      Flame softly chuckled and whispered,"I'll tell you more at lunch!"

    The teacher cleared his throat. He looked to be about in his mid forties with short, well- groomed, non-balding, brown hair. He was wearing a blue button down shirt, black jeans, and dress shoes.

    "Seriously?" I heard someone in the middle of the room say. 'This is school, not church or business!" This earned a few chuckles and a glare from the man.

    "Well I hate to tell you, teaching you is my business! So if you don't keep your mouth shut, I'll give you detention!" The chuckles stopped. I liked this teacher already.

      "Now, as some as you may know, I am Mr. Franklin and I'm your English teacher this year." Just as he was about to continue the bell rang. "Ok everyone find your lockers, get the things you need and go to your first class!"

      Susie and Fiona had lockers near our homeroom. They were right next to each other too. My locker was next to Flame, but our lockers were down the hall.

    Flame's locker was right next to the wall so she wasn't next to anyone but me. I was next to this guy, who i heard, stayed behind. He looked kinda scary with his black bangs covering his eyes and his all black clothing. But I wasn't scared. He kinda reminded me of Queenie in a way. Hard on the inside and (maybe) soft on the inside - like leftover lasagna.

    Flame and I chatted merrily while we got our stuff. I managed to squeeze out of her that she and Seth were going to dinner at a diner in town and maybe taking a walk through the woods. She also told me Seth had something really important to tell her but she had no clue what it might be.

      "Well tell me when you find out!" I told her and she nodded her head. We walked to our first class, History. Yay. (Please note the sarcasm!)

     To my great relief it turned out we had an assembly instead of first period. Our teacher, Mr.Greer, walked us down and went back to his classroom. Most likely to take a nap.

     The assembly in the auditorium was boring. It was all welcome to highschool, blah blah blah, try your best, blah blah blah, harder courses, more tests, I know it's scary starting highschool, blah blah blah.

     It may or may not have been in that order, I honestly don't know or care. I may or may not have been daydreaming, chatting quietly with my friends or have Susie paint my nails purple while I did hers blue.

 Don't know? Well here's a hint - When I left the auditorium my fingernails were purple when earlier that day that had been....not purple.

      When the assembly was over Flame,Susie, Fiona and I went to our classes -  Math, English and Spanish. It wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. But things are never boring when you have friends like mine!

     I noticed the boy who's locker is next to mine also shares these classes with me. I learned that his name is Asher and that he did stay behind. But only because he was sick and missed too much school for them to let him go up another grade.

      After all that we had lunch. I was walking down with everyone, excited to see Queenie and Jezebel, when I noticed Asher looking at me. He noticed that I had noticed so he acted like he hadn't done it.

      Weird, but than again he was probably looking at Fiona. She was everything a guy could ask for - pretty,smart,kind and sweet. A little shy but you could overlook that easily.

     I mean come on, why would he look at me?

      I'm just plain old Lucky Anderson.