Chapter 13 - You Take The Pain Away

Start from the beginning

Luke knew they were downstairs talking about him. He didn't have the effort to listen; he already knew what they were saying. All he had the effort to do, was lay in bed.

Since he couldn't hide forever, he waited until he was sure Calum wasn't downstairs.

When he sat down on the couch, neither Michael or Ashton said anything. It wasn't until Luke left to go get some water in the kitchen, that his friends engaged in conversation. And Luke admits, it hurt a little bit.

"What's he doing here?" Michael asked Ashton, not even bothering to whisper.

"Give him a break, Michael. He just got back from the hospital, he could be in shock or something. I'm not a doctor, but I know something's going on with Luke. So just leave him be."

Luke smiled to himself, when Michael didn't reply. At least Ashton was being nice.

After he poured himself a glass of water and drank it, he could of sworn he heard footsteps behind him. He whipped around, only to find no one.

He poured some more water and as he brought the cup up to his mouth, he heard footsteps again. He stood frozen, not moving a muscle.

When he felt a hand on his shoulder, he shrieked and dropped his glass, shattering on the ground around his feet.

Trying to run, he bumped into someone, knocking them both over into the remains of the cup on the ground.

Ashton.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry, I'm so so so stupid." Luke rambled on, staring at the gaping wound forming on Ashton's left hand, pressed up against some shards of glass.

"It's okay Lukey, it's not that bad. Nothing a bandaid can't fix. Let's get up."

Ashton lifted himself up carefully, avoiding the glass. When Luke tried to get up, he felt a pain sear through his foot."

"Fuck!"

Luke lifted his foot up, leaving behind a bloody footprint. He groaned, examining the bottom of his foot.

"Oh my god. Here you are worrying about me, and you have half the fucking glass in your foot!"

And it wasn't much of an exageration. There were countless shards of glass digging into the younger boys foot.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

He waited for Ashton, who came down in no more than a minute with some sort of bandage wrap.

"Sit down." Ashton pushed lightly on Luke's chest, urging him to sit in one of the chairs. Ashton knelt beside him, and started examining his foot.

"Now I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna hurt when I pull the glass out. Just squeeze my hand when it hurts."

Luke's body got heated when Ashton's hand laced itself with his. He looked away, not wanting a warning.

He winced when Ashton started pulling out the big pieces of the glass. Luke squeezed Ashton's hand as hard as he could, trying to think about anything but glass being pulled from his foot. He drifted into his happy land, thinking about his fans, and bands he liked.

When he felt Ashton's hand leave his, he sighed in relief. "Thanks so much, Ash."

"No problem, Lukey. You're lucky it was me here when it happened, or else it wouldn't have been done properly. You would of ended up with a slice of pizza on your foot, or something." Ashton grinned, showing his glorious dimples. They made Luke's heart hurt, but it was a pain worth suffering if it meant staring at Ashton.

"Let's watch a movie. I heard you've never seem Clueless." Ashton, still smiling, glided over to the living room.

"Ashton." Luke said, slightly embarrased. How was he supposed to get to the living room? He wasn't skilled enough to move around on one foot.

"Oh, right. Sorry." Ashton chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "It it okay if I carry you?"

Of course it's okay. But would Luke be able to handle it, that's the question.

He just nodded, and Ashton picked him up bridal style. Luke was glad Ashton couldn't see his face, because he was blushing madly.

~

Halfway movie, Ashton started playing with Lukes soft hair. Luke buried his head in between Ashton's neck, and the pillow next to him. He had to admit, it distracted him a little bit from tue throbbing pain in his foot.

"Thanks again for tonight." Luke lifted his head up, unlacing Ashton's hands from his head.

Ashton blushed momentarily. "Don't mention it."

They stared at each other for a minute. The gaze fell somewhere in between comfortable and awkward.

"I'm sorry that the other boys are being such dickheads. They just don't understand you as well as I do."

"Ashton, you don't understand me, really. I'm more complicated than you think."

"Well then, I guess I'll have to spend some time figuring you out." He smiled, fiddling with the hem of Luke's shirt.

"Believe me, you probably don't want to." Luke chuckled, even thought it wasn't really all that funny.

"I'd spend a lifetime figuring you out, Lukey."

Luke smiled, and it was a real smile. No one was ever this sweet to him.

"Oh Ashton, it would take more than a lifetime."

"Okay, fine. Then how about forever?" Ashton's hand made it's way to Luke's cheek, stroking it softly.

"You wouldn't last that long."

Ashton leaned in even closer. "Says who? We'll never know if we don't try." With that, Ashton closed the small gap, not letting go of Luke.

And for a second, Luke could of sworn Ashton took the pain away.

________

hahaha sorry that was shitty

anyways i'm lonely, please kik me : fancying

if anyone bothers to message me, it'll probs be tomorrow bc i'm up late on a school night.

.

question(s): do any of you watch the janoskians? bc i think theyre fucking amazing :) if not, what other youtubers do you watch?