1- Getting Familiar

A slim arm wrapped itself around a box while the other closed the door. The box was set on the floor with a soft thud and some dust flying off the spot. The girl waved her hand in the air as she coughed lightly. "God, this dust is killing me." She said.

As she rested on the little couch, she let out an exhausted sigh. The apartment was small but it was enough for one person. There was the living room with a fat tv and one tiny couch. The kitchen was only two stoves, a microwave and a small fridge. There was no table so the  counter will have to do.

"Okay~ so.. kitchen, right." The deep voice of her father exhaled. He sounded buff but also soft, a gentle dad who helped her with the boxes. His presence always made her feel safe even if he can get hasty with her sometimes. "Bathroom, down the hallway. Bedroom, past the kitchen and to the right. This, living room. Did you get all of that?"

The girl sighed and rested her back against the couch. She pulled her I-don't-care hoodie on and groaned. If there was one word that could best describe her dad, it's a broken record. Replaying itself again and again, anyone would get bored or even annoyed. "Yes, Dad."

The family exchanged goodbye's and reminders her parents had given her in case if there was an emergency or if she needed help. To Luka, it warms her heart because it gave her a feeling that she always has someone to run to which is what she always feels. But it wasn't like she felt excused just because she had difficulty in seeing. Rarely, almost never, does she call them for help.

The room now had an empty feeling and one that Luka felt safe with. Right, there wasn't anyone in here now. Just her. And the room. Nobody can see her now. Convinced that she was now alone, her hands reached for the familiar frame of her glasses. She slipped them on and sighed, pushing some hair away from her face.

The world was clearer this way. Without the blurry colors and the fog flooding her sight. She wished she could see like this all the time. No, the world was too cruel to let her. Beautiful as it seems, the world can be demanding. No one wanted to see her wear those thick glasses. They say she looks too ugly in them. While Luka didn't think so, she had to put up with it.

She walked into the kitchen and saw the groceries laid on the counter. Silently, she placed these in the fridge and put away the plastic cellophanes. Childishly, she pulled her hoodie over her head and her hands back into her sleeves. She then found herself about to leave the building and smelling the summer air.

The road didn't have much cars passing by. She began to like how quiet the neighborhood is. Her legs carried her for a long time as she walked on the pavement. Luka quickly memorized her surroundings and the whole scenery didn't feel like such a maze anymore.

Bark! Bark!

Startled, Luka turned around. A dog was trying to reach her through a fence. A chill went down her spine as she stared at the animal's teeth and muscular legs. Just as she was about to retreat from the beast, she heard a gentle voice behind her say, "Oi, calm down, Akechi." Luka fumbled to remove her glasses.

"Sorry. He gets all rowdy when he sniffs a stranger." The gentle voice said. It belonged to a man, a young man. Probably around Luka's age too. One thing was sure though, she felt that it was too early to get involved with anything. Her neighborhood was starting to intrigue her but Luka as shy as she is, didn't like to rush things and jump to conclusions after first glance.

"Sorry for startling your dog!" She bowed almost too deeply. If there's one thing about Luka that she wasn't even aware of is that she loves belittling. Her past teachers have already told her about how she's so fond of belittling herself and losing her confidence. What Luka does is shake it off and call it humility. For the sake of being humble, she lets the fault rest on her shoulders and apologize for it.

He had blue hair, handsome blue eyes, his nose, lips, cheeks, whole face was perfect. His build was the perfect shape and he was tall. But screw that, she didn't have her glasses on and failed to see everything in front of her. "No no it's fine. Are you okay?" His gentle voice replied. It sounded so sweet that Luka almost imagined it playing in her head over and over again like a broken record.

"Yeah.. Sorry for disturbing again.." She apologized again anyways. Her eyes failed to look up at his, fixed on the stone pavement that was wet by a little rain. A little rain was just needed to excuse herself like this. "S-Sorry, I'll be going home now." And the cliche scene that seemed like it was taken out from a novel has ended with her footsteps getting farther from him.

~

The girl only stared back at her. Say something. Luka thought. You can trust me with anything. Just as she was about to say something, Luka shook her head and told her that she need not force herself. It was already clear what she was going to say anyways. That you're Luka Megurine and you're going to do your best in this school! She flashed a smile at herself in the mirror.

The cubicle door behind her suddenly flew open and she quickly fumbled with her glasses to get them off. A girl with long silver hair and a black and violet ribbon walked out and washed her hands on the sink beside her. "Morning," she greeted without taking her eyes off of the gushing water. 

"Good morning." Luka greeted back politely and fixed her hair.

The silver haired beauty didn't say anything else. She untied her ribbon and combed her hair with her fingers. After that, she tightened the ribbon on that long pony tail and left the room.

Then Luka noticed an awful smell behind her. It smelled so stinky, Luka could feel the stench trying to choke her. She walked outside, hoping to find that girl but with her glasses off, it was too difficult.

A familiar figure walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and noticed the man was wearing something on his head, a cap. Without letting him speak first, she started talking.

"Hi, um, can you clean the last cubicle in the girls' restroom? It's starting to stink."

"I'm sorry but I'm not a janitor." He chuckled. And Luka's entire body froze like a popsicle the second she heard his voice. It was too calm, too familiar, too early to hear that same voice again?

=============================
Woah. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Oh god i published the wrong part again wth😂😂😂when Coco tries to get her shit together😂😂😂