Chapter 2: Jamboree

You sprint through the tree's and shrubs catching up with your mother, she ran fast enough to reach the border in minutes. The moment you both passed it she began to slow before stopping completely. You skid to a stop in front of her, dirt kicking up forming a cloud behind you as you look down at her.

You go down on your knee's before your fingertips meet the ground and your face is inches from her own "Are you hurt?" You purred in her direction. Your speech was slightly less animalistic then her own, yours was alittle smoother while her's sounds deep and like her throat was making movements as she grunted.

Her white tipped tail flicked in the air for a moment before she rubbed her head onto your own "I'm fine Cub. You shouldn't have Interfered" she said before scolding you with a hiss.

You huffed baring your teeth "If I hadn't come then you may have died and I can't let that happen" you grunted with a defiant look your head held high.

Your mother hissed at you in frustration before shaking her head and you calm down before sitting back on your bottom "I can handle myself just fine. You know that" you purr as your forehead touches her own as she let's out a calming purr of her own.

"I know but, those Beast's are not our allies for they are the only ones that stand a chance against our kind in this place" she warned you and you nodded heading her warning before she began making her way towards the settlement.

You followed behind her as you both took off in a steady pace "Mother?" You asked after a few moments and she huffed to show she was paying attention as her powerful legs leaped across a fallen tree.

"The male from before..." there was a flash and you saw his face once again "...who was he? Has he been on the island long?" You asked her curiously before grunting as you jumped from one tree to the next avoiding a steep drop to the shrubs below.

You glanced at you Mother and became concerned as she her shoulders tensed and the rythmic beat of her paws on the ground skipped before going back.

She was quiet for a long while making you slow down but, she didn't. Your eye's narrowed suspicious before speeding up until your running faster. You stop in front of her causing her to slow and skid to a stop in front of you with a glare.

"(Y/n)" she warned before you groaned in frustration producing a tiny roar "Please just answer my question. Was he here all this time? Is he...is he like me?" You asked her your knuckles touching your bare abdomen.

You mother stood silent for a moment before her nostrils flared producing a huff and she grunted "He is a gorilla. He may be different but, he is still an enemy. I forbid you to go near him" she hissed the last part in warning and before you could say anything else she bolted heading for the den.

You sprinted through the tree's alongside your mother, you didn't have the same type of powerful stride but, you did best her in your flexibility and endurance through the vast jungle. Becuase of the close knit vines and branches it could be difficult for land mammals like Jaguar's to get around but, becuase of your ability to grab on to vines kind of like a gorilla would gave you a high advantage of your prey.

Especially since you had found it somewhat easier to run or lunge with your body upright instead of on both your hands and feet like Mother.

You ran absent-mindedly, your thoughts were cloudy and the only thing that came to mind was the man that had stood before you. You wondered who he was. Where he came from. Or even his name.

As you ran, you barely dodge an ostrich standing in your path. You gasp before skidding to a stop and growling realizing you've been doing that alot lately and it's hurting your toes especially since your last rendezvous with a snake the previous few day's.

The ostrich gave a squawk in warning it's beak open revealing blood stains from its recent kill as you hissed menacingly at it, you glanced towards your Mother who had halted in her tracks watching with her muscles tense and aching for blood. She looked at you and you bared your teeth at the ostrich as your Mother began to close in on the seven foot flightless bird.

The Cubs could use a little snack right about now.

You lunged at the feathery mammal your hands wrapping around its long neck ith a firm grip your sharper then average nails digging in before you gave a hard kick to its side and grunted in satisfaction as it gave a loud squawk of pain before collapsing to the ground, squirming. You take a wing in your grip and twist it hearing the bone grind together before you hold it down and the ostrich whimpers beneath you.

You held it down as you turned towards your Mother who was closing in for the kill. You weren't a ruthless killer, not like most of the family. But, you did what you he knew you had too in order for your family to survive, and you haven't hunted in days.

Mother lunges and her teeth hook on to the ostriches thin neck and with a single bite and a crunch of bone, it's down for the count.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You watch with a satisfied smile as the Cubs dig into their meal, you frown slightly at how greedily they dig into the animal however. Haven't they eaten? Sabor was supposed to be feeding them anything she could give, you've been gone for a few day's mostly to get away from the Jamboree for a while.

(Jamboree: A group of Jaguars)

Now that you thought about it, you've never seen your Mother fight so badly. While you watched her try to take down that Gorilla she was slow and nearly without the endurance she should have had. She looked alittle weak as well.

You look down at the meat in your hands before grunting as you walk over to your Mother, one hand on the ground your toes supporting your weight. She had already finished her meal and proceeded to lick the remaining meat from between her claws.

As you bump your head with her's, she looks up at you confused before glancing down at you meal. You push it towards her with a nod "Eat. You need your strength" you purr in her direction before jumping back alittle as she shakes her head her tail flicking "I'll be fine Cub. Eat your meal" she grunts and your nostrils flare as you sit on your bottom defiantly.

"I'm no longer hungry. I ate before I came back" you say smoothly, you had actually eaten a few day's before coming back but, if your mother didn't keep up her appetite especially at her age...

You nudge her head with your own before letting out a puff of air "It's fine Mom. Eat please, I'm gonna go catch some sleep" you say and before she can protest as you put your meat in front of her, you lunged towards the branch of your own tree branch.

You chuckle as your mother grumbles as she eats below you and you begin the settle into your spot until, you glance over towards a particular area of the Den. There are more then a dozen of Jaguar's in the den but, one stands out much more then the rest besides you.

Sabor saunters through the den eyeing the meat given to the Jamboree, she had taken her piece before everyone else becuase of her status in the group. Alpha or Leader always has the first bite. You avoid making eye contact with her but, she already notices you and her eyes narrow at the small space your in before she huffs and begins to walk back to her shelter in the den.

You look away from the elder Jaguar before you lay on your back facing the stars. Night had come only moments ago, you put your hands behind your head and stare up into the sky.

You hold your breath as you see the male in your head once more, you sigh before turning so you can lay on your side. You needed to know...To know who he was.