p a r t . 1

this chapter is very long and will be the only lengthy chapter in this book.

Tsukishima woke up from the sun blazing through his bedroom window. It was Saturday so he had no work today nor anything planned, so a quiet day at home.

Maybe he'll ring up his brother and see what he was up to in his final year in medical school, maybe check his social media to see if Hinata, Oikawa and Kageyama had won against China in the tournament yesterday.

Heck maybe he'll even walk his dog in the park for a bit.

He laughed at the thought of doing anything remotely so active on this particular Saturday. Who was he kidding as cliche as it sounded, today he'll cry, eat icecream, binge watch whatever was on the TV. Then he'll cry some more, before finally sleeping.

He yawned flinching at the sound of his back popping, if Kuroo was here he would scream satans asshole for showing early signs of arthritis. Stupid Kuroo always used to.

He got up already feeling pathetic tears about fall just from thinking about Kuroo. He slapped himself before letting out a small whistle hearing a high tuned bark which he knew too well.

A few seconds later a stubby Little french bulldog walked in, nearly bashing into the door as she lost her balance on 3 legs.

Lucky, is what Kuroo named her was a stray they found on their first date back in tokyo outside a ramen shop. She was thin and unhealthily small, but what really stood out was her 3 legs.

The other half of their date was spent in a very quiet vet waiting room. The vets kept Lucky overnight, and as Kuroo's apartment was near by; it was also the first time Tsukishima had stayed the night.

When Tsukishima came back to the real world he realised he was sobbing. Lucky had somehow made her way onto the bed and was trying to get the ringing phone from underneath the pillow.

Tsukishima quickly wiped away his tears and accepted the call, About to answer when someone on the other line screamed.

"TSUKISHIMA WE WON!" Instantly he knew who it was.

"Congrats Hinata, tell Kageyama and Oikawa and the rest of the team I say congratulations as wel-" he manged to say in a raspy voice making Hinata's voice soften.

"Tell them you self they are right here!"

"Who is it?"

"who do you think Bakayama?"

"Is it Tsukishima?"

"BINGO OIKAWA!"

There was a moment of silence and shuffling before a series of whispering. As much a Tsukishima tried not to listen he did anyways. He couldn't hear much, but from what he did hear it was enough.

"Why....call...today...you know today is...dumbass-"

"Is he ok...the man who....such an asshole...to Tsukishima-"

Suddenly a loud bark filed the room startling Tsukishima as well as the others on the phone.

Into the room trotted lucky her lead in her mouth ready to go for a walk Tsukishima had not planned.