➵Wednesday

Wednesdays were good days, Hyunggu liked them. He arrived early again, he wasn't sure why. Opening the coffeehouse on May was easy on May: he unlocked the door, pulled up the curtains and started the machines. Summer was annoying because he had to open every single window on the place, but the more chilly months were okay, he liked cold weather.

Like 40 seconds after he'd finished with mopping the floor, yesterday's early bird reappeared. He was now wearing a pair of black jeans and a pick hoodie and, not that's necessary to say it but he looked great. Sitting on the same spot he had the day before, he greeted Hyunggu with one of his bright smiles.

"Morning"

"Morning," the waiter answered, getting a bit closer without even realizing. "What are you having?"

"Same as yesterday but with a black coffee instead of a latter"

Hyunggu nodded but didn't really need for him to voice his order. He had a great memory and he could recall Shinwon interspersed between these two orders every day.

He got his hands to work. This time, he gave him the muffin and then got on with making the drinking.

"Are you studying at uni?"

Shinwon was breaking small pieces of the tiny cake and eating them while staring at Hyunggu's back.

"Nope," he placed the coffee in front of him. "I'll next year, you?"

"Yes, I'm studying architecture, my faculty's building is the closest one to here," he drank a sip.

"That's really cool, what year are you on?"

"Second, three more to go, if I'm lucky"

SO he was at least 19 or 20 years old, just two or three more than he was. It was strange that just now Hyunggu started to realize he was really young when not just all of his friends but also 95% of the shop's clients were obviously older than him.

They stayed silence after that but the younger didn't feel the need to turn the music on. Shinwon was a comfortable person to be around, he noticed. Maybe that plus how beautiful he was were the reasons why people seemed to like him so much. And well, he was also pretty cool in general.

His boss arrived, surprised to see both of them there again, but said 'hi' happily and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Well," Shinwon stood up, not before paying, "gotta go, my math teachers is so annoying with punctuality," just then, Hyunggu realized he was carrying a black bag. "See you tomorrow."

"See you," he answered, smiling.

As he left, the dud that seemed more dead everyday sat on table 5 with which looked like 5kg of books and notes. He resembled a human being a little more today and his eyes were gaining its color back.

"Good morning"

"Hi," his voice was small but more cheerful than the days prior. "Can I have a coffee? Oh, and a chocolate biscuit"

"Sure, I'll be right back"

That was an improvement. He usually spent three hours there, ordering nothing more than pure coffee every 30 minutes. Hyunggu placed the biggest mug on the machine and a cookie on a plate. Before dead guy's order was ready, he scanned the shop with his eyes. A few more people, that looked more alive as well, had taken over some tables. A guy that must have been a few years older than him was on table 20, joined by some girls. There were other two tables occupied by single persons and their stack of papers. On table 14 a groups of girls were having a heated conversation, not too loud so they wouldn't bother others, and writing things down on their laptops.