CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Aunt Anna rushed into my room in a state of panic and exclaimed, "Kelly, he's here. And he brought a lawyer."

Kyla and I exchanged a concerned look as we exited the bed. I asked Aunt Anna, "What is he doing here? How did he even know where to find me?"

"I don't know, Kelly, but we should probably deal with this right away," she replied, fanning herself.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and cringed. I looked terrible, with dark circles under my eyes and puffy skin. But I never knew them anyway, so I will let them indulge in my appealing features.

"We should go down and see what he wants," I said and ran downstairs.

When I arrived in the living room, I saw the tycoon sitting on my red plush sofa, accompanied by a sharp-looking lawyer.

"What are you doing here? I was going to call you first," I said, frowning at him.

He replied monotone, "Good morning to you too," and straightened his coat.

"How did you even find me? I never gave you my address," I asked suspiciously.

He responded, "I mentioned my research on this matter to you yesterday, and your home address was part of it."

I glanced over at the lawyer, who looked sharp and observant. He introduced himself as Roland Copper from Princeton Deputy.

The tycoon explained that he brought Mr. Copper to formalize the situation and help me better understand my mother's background. I sat on the sofa across from them, uncertain and anxious about what would come. Roland cleared his throat and looked at me stoically.

"Mr. Adams told me that you are not interested in this marriage; is that correct?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Now, let me explain. Your deceased mother arranged this marriage for your protection," he continued.

I furrowed my brows and listened intently.

"Protection from what?" I asked.

"It's too early to discuss that topic, but you must sign this contract. If your mindset changes and you wish to file for divorce, then your custody will remain solely yours," The lawyer offered.

He then placed the stack of papers to be signed on the table. I glanced behind me and saw my Aunt Anna and Kyla looking at me with worried expressions.

I had to make a decision. I took the paper and scanned it carefully. "Why did I have to marry you? Can't we have a simple deal, and all the money you wanted would be yours without all this stuff?" I asked Drake.

He glanced at Mr. Copper, and they exchanged an unsaid conversation before Mr. Copper looked me straight in the eyes.

"Marriage is the most legal way to make an individual share their properties with the other party. Thus, if you file for annulment or divorce, you will have an advantage," he explained.

"Am I obligated to live in the same roof with Drake?" I asked.

"Yes," Drake answered.

I took a deep breath. I just wanted to get this entire fiasco over with. I know signing the contract without reading it would label me the dumbest person ever. Looking at this sophisticated man in front of me, he has all the power to make me sign this contract regardless of whether I decline. I do not have any choice but to play with this stupid little game and find my way out later.

I pressed my lips together before signing the contract.

DRAKE

I touched the piercing on my right ear and stared at the small house before me.

Ashton's car was parked in the front yard, and a faint madness boiled inside my chest. Ashton had pretended to be me.

"What's the name of the girl again?" I asked George, not taking my eyes off the house.

"Kelly Smith," he answered.

My chest expanded with excitement at the thought of seeing this girl. She must be so important that Ashton had degraded himself to meet her. I licked my lips and slowly fluttered my eyes closed.

"Let's go now," I told George.

A smirk made its way onto my lips, imagining how it would feel to kiss her soft lips and make her scream all over me. And in just two days, I would trap her, and she would never have the chance to get away.