Chapter 4

Austin soon stood right next to me. His shoulder against mine. I avoided eye contact as best as I could, looking down at the ground. He was wearing his boots, as was I . I turned lightly so my back was facing him and I heard him chuckle quietly before coming back to my side.

"Nice boots." he said, he accent strong. I blushed hard but turned my head not wanting him to see. I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear nervously.

"So we need to talk." he said before stepping in front of me.

"No, n-no we don't." I told him shaking my head slightly. He smiled as he cupped the bottom of my chin then lifted it up so I was looking directly in his eyes. I stared at him my expression blank.

"Yes, Ember we do." he said a smile on his face. I fluttered my eyes looking at him nervously. My mind was blank and I couldn't think of anything to say. We stared into each others eyes, his hand still cupping my chin gently.

Soon I heard the bus begin to come by. The sound getting louder by the second. Austin didn't move, he seemed to be unaffected by the bus coming by. I on the other hand was freaking out. Quickly I jumped back and away from him. Fiddling with my hands nervously, looking everywhere but Austin.

I looked up for a second to see his staring at me. A sad look on his face, for a minute I felt bad. I don't know why, maybe it was just the look on his face. I mean I didn't do anything wrong. Did I?

Soon the bus was at the edge of the street, the door opoen.