[24]

[Just realized I got 13.1K views on DBD :) I'm literally crying right now, you don't know how much it means to me that people actually enjoy reading something I wrote! I love you guys so much and I'm thankful for all the votes and nice comments you guys give me even in my times of struggle. I'm not afraid of taking a break because I know you guys will just be right back at my side when I update again, no matter how long it'd be. I want to take the time to appreciate everyone who talked to me outside wattpad, whether it be the kik group chat or discord or Instagram. You guys kept me smiling through the days and I couldn't ask for better friends. Even the people who bothered commenting on my break update and making me feel wanted in my return. You don't understand how much all of you mean to me and I just wanted to say.

Thank you <3

If you're ever feeling down or in the dumps like I did, come talk to me or one of your closet friends because I'll guarantee that it makes the pain lessen by 100%.

Just remember that I love you guys and I will always appreciate you guys, not as my readers, but as my friends through thick and thin!

~with much love, Liz.

Ps. Enjoy the chapter ;3]

Losing track of time hasn't really effected the group much, the only thing they worry about nowadays is if they could survive the killer or not. Nobody really expected their group to grow bigger after dawn and jons demise but alas they had found two other people who were willing to join their group. It's been months, years since the group had last seen any other form of life but the wilting plants and tall ominous trees. People came and went, some died but it never effected them as much as the death of their loved ones in the time forgotten there. They've become numb to the pain perhaps. They stopped worrying as much as they should and it wasn't looking good for the groups structure, the group was lacking hope. The forgotten land was growing bigger by the second, perhaps they were never meant to get out in the first place.

_______

Nick sat quietly, watching Ashlie poke at the eternal fire with a stick. Tommy sat, staring off into the barren woods. The woods seemed to lack shelter now, safety even. Nick hadn't noticed how much the group had changed over the time they were stuck there, he questioned if they'd all go mad soon. Nick had begun to struggle. He was forgetting who he was, who he used to be.

Cory noticed nicks sudden change of mood and moved to sit down next to him.

"Is this really what the group has come to? Are we really becoming empty shells of our once happy existence?" Cory gave nick a sympathetic look, the whole groups attention was now on the two who had been more of a leader to them than to themselves. Cory sighs inwardly, preparing himself for portraying the last bit of hope he had left.

It's been years.

"Look nick-"

"No! I will not look Cory! What do we have left! Nothing! We have nothing left Cory! It's been years, years since we've seen any sign of a chance to escape and we're going to find nothing every time we try!" Cory was shocked at Nicks sudden out-burst of an emotion he had probably been holding back for a long time. To be honest everyone was in shock.

Nick had come to this world full of hope for the group and escaping, for years he's hung on to that fact. What made him suddenly give up now? Only Nick really knew that answer, and the way he was acting now nobody thought he'd be revealing it.

"Nick. . ." Adam, a new friend they had meant in the waste land spoke. He was a kind soul, along with his friend decilley. The two had yet to survive in that world as long as the group, but they were really the only ones with some hope left. Probably because they hadn't meant the troubles and pain the killers brung. Nonetheless the two were trying to keep the group as a unite, although failing every once in awhile.

"I'm just so done-" Nick Shoves his head into his hands, "-I can't do it anymore." Ashlie sends her brother a sympathetic look, more of pity to be exact. She knew what he felt.

Ashlie gently put her hand on his shoulder, in an attempt to comfort the pained boy.

"Come on Nick, you just have to hold on a little longer, the moons almost setting. We'll be out in no time!" Nick just sat, incoherent mumbles came out of his mouth before he stopped speaking all together. The group was once again swallowed in silence.