Chapter 6 - Throwing Punches

Start from the beginning

 "I've got to get to work," said the Sheriff, clad in his uniform. "You three, get to school,"

 "Wait, Mr. Stilinski!" I called out, jumping to my feet. He stopped and turned around as I nearly tripped over Stiles trying to make my way over to him. "Heather?"

 His eyes dropped, causing my heart to sink. "No, nothing yet," he said. He walked out of the room, leaving the door wide open.

 I plopped down on Stiles' bed, my legs feeling as though they'd turned into noodles. I wrung my hands together, bouncing my foot against the ground. Even though we stayed up all night researching, we were still basically empty handed.

 "Ten hours and nothing," I said, letting my head fall.

 "We'll find something," said Scott. 

 Stiles sat down next to me, coiling an arm around my shoulders. It's not just Heather that I'm worried about, it's Boyd and Erica too. I really do hope that it wasn't her body that Isaac saw, but either way, someone's dead. That thought alone is enough to make me sick.

 "Something doesn't make Heather any less missing, Erica any less dead, or Boyd any less about to be dead," I argued. I didn't mean to snap at Scott like that. I know he's just trying to keep us hopeful. My lack of sleep may have been an influence.

 "Well, we still have time," said Stiles. He rubbed his hand along my arm. 

 It's how much time is the question. How long will it take for the force of the full moon to take over Boyd and whoever is with him? After that, how long before they completely tear each other apart? We need to act fast, and we need more information.

 I kicked away some of the papers that had gotten stuck to my bare feet. I pulled one off, about to throw it off to the side when I noticed the picture in the center. My eyes widened as I realized what this meant.

 "Stiles," I said, handing him the paper.

 He looked at it for a moment before standing up. "Oh, Dad!" He called out, handing the paper to Scott and sprinting out of the room. "Dad! Dad!"

 I let my shoulders relax with a huff of air and a small smile even crept on my lips when Scott glanced at me with one of his own. Finally, we'd found something useful. If Sheriff Stilinski investigated that case, we just struck an informational gold mine.

 ☀

 Stiles had dropped me off at my house so I could change and drive myself to school, before taking Scott to his house. No one was home when I arrived, which I was thankful for. I'm not sure how well my father would take my spending the night at my boyfriend's house. Even though all we did was research a bank robbery, I don't think he'd see it in the same light.

 I quickly put on a fresh set of clothes and braided my unwashed hair down my back. I transferred the extra Adderall pill I had taken from Stiles into the pocket of my jean jacket. If tonight was going to be anything like I expect it to be, I'm going to need it.

 Going into the bathroom, I examined my reflection. My mascara was slightly smeared and the thin layer of eyeliner I had applied yesterday had faded. I washed away the leftover make-up, realizing that it wasn't actually mascara underneath my eyes. There were dark circles, most likely from my lack of sleep and high stress. I dabbed concealer over them, not wanting any of my friends to worry.

 After grabbing an apple and a coffee for breakfast, I hurried out the door and to my car. I sped the whole way to school, not realizing how much time I had taken up getting ready. Lydia has turned me too high maintenance.