Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up at ten. A fairly normal time for me. Today I wasn't planning on doing much; just playing Minecraft.

I walked downstairs to see everyone except Adam. I tried not to glare at Ryan.

“So. Do you guys just want to play some games today?” I proposed.

“Yeah, sounds good to me,” Jerome agreed.

“Actually, I have a date tonight,” Ty admitted. I gasped jokingly, plopping down in the chair next to him.

“Who's the lucky person?” I prodded. He blushed. I gasped again, this time because I was surprised.

“It's Adam, isn't it?” I grinned. He blushed harder.

“I knew it!” I yelled, jumping up. “Where is he?”

Ty looked at his feet.

“I'm gonna go yell at him for not dating you sooner!”

Jerome, Jason, and Ryan watched me, fascinated.

“How did you know it was Adam?” Jason called after me.

“I just knew. Trust me, I know these things,” I yelled from halfway up the stairs. I threw Adam's door open.

“ADAM!”

His head shot up from his pillow.

“WHAT?” He yelled, matching my volume.

“SKYLOX!” I shouted. His face flushed completely red.

“YES!” He replied despite his blush.

“FINALLY!”

He played with his hands. I jumped down on his bed, bouncing.

“Why'd it take so long?” I prompted enthusiastically.

“I don't know.” He looked up at me. “You should talk, Mitch. How long have you-”

“Shhh,” I cut him off. “Touche. Now don't speak of it again.”

He laughed.

“Do you think it's gonna happen someday?” He asked.

“No,” I sighed. “Even if it does, he'll be falling for Cat, not me.”

Adam nodded sadly.

“Anyway. I'm gonna go play games with Jerome,” I said, standing up. “You should get dressed.”

Adam looked down, realizing he was in his boxers.

“If you were actually a girl, I would be embarrassed,” He informed me. “Luckily, you're not.”

“Yeah, I know. You better be fancy when you're taking Ty out. Wear some pajamas.”

Adam laughed.

“Go play with Jerome,” He giggled.

“You could just say you wanted me to leave,” I cried playfully. “Meanie.”

I skipped out of the room.

“Hey! Jerome! Let's play some Minecraft!”

“CHOP CHOP CHOP!” Jerome yelled.

“YOU GOT THIS, BUDDY!” I shouted.

"YEEEAAAHH!" He screamed.

kittnl0v3r367 was slain by ASFJerome

"Oh man."

"That was an AWESOME game, Jerome."

I'd died before the D.

"It's too bad you got killed though, Mitch. That would've been even more of an epic game if you hadn't."

"I know, right?"

"HEY, JEROME! CAT! IT'S DINNER TIME!" Jason yelled from downstairs.

"We better go, then. I'm starving," I said, standing up.

"Me too, homie."

When we got to the top of the stairs, I looked over at Jerome. He was looking back at me.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked.

"Race?"

"Yup."

I grinned.

"THREETWOONEGO!" I yelled, sprinting down the stairs.

"No fair!" Jerome yelled. I heard him running behind me. He was getting closer. I felt his foot hit mine every once in a while. He shoved me to the railing, taking first place.

"Hey, no pu-"

I cut off impulsively. He'd pushed me too hard. I'd tripped and was now falling forward. The stairs rushed up to meet my face. The world seemed to move in slow motion as I tumbled over and over. I didn't have time to scream until I was laying at the bottom of the enormous staircase, face shoved into the wood floor.

"Holy shit. Oh my god. I didn't- Jesus christ." Jerome babbled. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling hurt everywhere.

I heard Jerome leap down the remaining stairs to where I lay, broken.

"Cat? Oh my god. I'm so so so sorry."

Jason rushed in from the kitchen.

"My god! What happened?!" He exclaimed. Jerome kneeled down and picked me up. I groaned.

"I... I accidentally pushed her down the stairs..." Jerome said in disbelief.

"Christ."

"I'm bringing her up to my bed," he whispered. Jason nodded. I felt Jerome start to walk back up the stairs.

After he'd laid me down in his bed, I looked up at him.

“Hey, Biggums,” I chuckled, wincing. He didn't respond, just looked down at me guiltily.

“Don't worry about it. I should be alright,” I assured him. He nodded, but I knew by his expression that he still felt guilty.

“That was probably a stupid idea, huh.”

He still didn't say anything. I paused for a second before saying

“Do you mind if I sleep here for a bit?”

He snapped out of his thoughts and nodded quickly.

“Yeah. That's why I put you here. I'll go downstairs then,” He said awkwardly, standing up.

“See you, man,” I called after him.

“See you,” He replied.

I lay there for what felt like only a couple minutes, but in reality was half an hour. As my vision faded and I was almost submerged in unconsciousness, a thought hit my barely-awake brain.

He'd called me Mitch. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ohey

This is the tenth chapter! I'm happy with myself :D 

How many of you guys noticed when Jerome said Mitch instead of Cat? When I read over it I almost missed it myself.

...Did you guys see Mitch's latest HG with Rob/Woofless? 
He said "I just didn't expect the D to come so soon." 
...You can't do this to me Mitch
I died of laughter. 

Anyway. 

Leave a comment if you want! I love them all :D <3

-The Moon's Shadow