Chapter 2 - Hey, Is That My Letterman Jacket?

{Veronica's POV}

My dad drags Archie limp body down the stairs from our apartment and dumps him on the front yard.
I follow him. "Dad!" I shout at him. "What the fuck do you think your doing to the love of my life!"

My shouting captures attention because I'm usually well-spoken.
"I'm giving this fucking rat away from me."

He dumps him on the front yard and Mrs Potts, my neighbour comes out.
I kneel next to Archie on the yard, my mascara dripping down my cheeks.
"Archie, please wake up..." I cry into his chest, his breathing falters. "Archie!" I yell out. My mascara mixing with the blood all over his shirt. "It's going to be okay." I cry.
"Veronica, I'm gonna call an ambulance, okay?" Mrs Potts says, running inside.

When the ambulance arrives I climb in the back with Archie keeping body contact with him so he knows I'm with him. I squeeze his hand.
"He's going to be okay? Please say he's gonna be okay?" I sob.

The doctors don't respond, pulling Archie out of the ambulance in a stretcher.
I follow them.
"Ms Lodge, please leave!" The doctors say.
"No! He's my boyfriend. I love him!" I shout.
"Veronica, please, just a few tests." They say.

I wait in the waiting room, my tears rapidly falling down my cheeks.

Soon the doctor walks out.
I stand up, brushing myself off.
"We've had to save him a few times, but he's stable. He's in a coma. I don't know what his hearing or eyesight will be like." The doctor says.
"I don't care. I just want my boyfriend to be okay. Can I sit with him?" I ask.
Doctor Parker nods at the doctor next to me.
"Yes." Doctor Parker says. "Let her doctor..." I smile.

I get led into Archie's room. I squeeze his hand.
"How long until he awakens?" I ask.
"Uhh we think in a few—"
"Veronica!" Archie shoots up, looking panicked.
"It's okay arch, I'm here!" I say, squeezing his hand.
"Veronica, speak to me please! I know your holding my hand. I'm scared I can't see anything."
I look at the doctors, hugging Archie. He tries to kiss my cheek, but it goes to the side of my nose.
"Please doctors, help him. Help me." I say.
They nod.
"He can go in surgery tonight." Doctor Parker says.

**the next morning**

I've been awake all night. I'm worried about Archie. I've been awake with an anxious Fred all night. I yawn. I give Fred a small smile.
"I'm gonna shower and change here, if that's okay?" I say, looking at my muddy maroon dress.
"Of course Veronica. Archie should have something for you in his closet. I'm sure you left some for when you stop over." Fred says.
I laugh. "Yes."
"You two write a lot of songs in that old garage and fall asleep there a lot." He laughs. "He sure thinks a lot of you to take you there."
I laugh. If only Fred knew that because of thermal and soundproof we don't just write songs there.
"I'll be right back, Fred!" I say. He smiles at me.
"Thanks for staying with me, Veronica." He says, patting my shoulder.
"It's fine Fred. I know Archie wouldn't want you to worry alone..." I smile.

I walk up the stairs and switch the shower on. The warm water soothes my stiffness and my scraped knees. I wrap the towel around myself and walk into Archie's room. I sadly smile, everything smelt like him. I grabbed a black dress and some ankle boots from his closet and in the closet, something caught my eye. Archie's letterman jacket. I slip it on and smile. I love when he gave me his letterman jacket but I got slight comfort from it right now. I look in the pockets and sigh. Condoms, Archie, really?

I grab the things out of his pockets and put them back in. He might want some of this stuff. I walk downstairs and Fred smiles.
"You suit his jacket." He smiles. "He won't let me touch that thing though so if he gets mad, just take it off."
I laugh.

We roll in the hospital, I rush in.
"Through here!" The doctor laughs, knowing exactly what I was here for.
I walk into the room.
"Hey there archiekins, how are you holding up?" I ask.
"Hey, is that my letterman jacket?" Archie replies with a smile.
"Yes." I laugh. "Sorry."
"No you look adorable from what I can tell!"
"From what you can tell?"
"The doctors said I need glasses. I asked them whether you could pick them for me." Archie says.
"Why?" I enquire, laughing.
"Because you're the only person I'm trying to impress."
"Oh archiekins," I laugh. "I'll go pick some from the opticians across the way."
I walk out leaving Archie with the doctor.
-
Archie's POV
-
I watch as Veronica walks out.
"So Mr Andrews, your bipolar medication doesn't stop you from fighting completely. Why didn't you hit back?" The doctor says, sticking a cannula in my hand.
I bite my lip as it enters my vain.
"Ah fuck, I'm sorry, didn't mean to swear. No. I didn't fight back, it would hurt the love of my life way too much!" I sigh.
"Veronica?" The doctor says. I nod. "Ahh she stayed with your dad last night."
"Yes, Ronnie is really considerate." I smile.
"Hey Pet, how are you feeling?" A familiar voice speaks to me.
"I'm not feeling too bad, dad." I say.
"I'm glad. Your mom is flying from Chicago for a while to see you."

I haven't seen my mom in a while. Since rehab to be exact. I used to have an alcohol problem. (Above cos y'no. Alcohol) Veronica busts in.
"Archiekins!" She smiles, passing me what felt like glasses. I put them on.
"Oh wow. I look like smart!" I say, looking in the mirror.
"You look adorable, archiekins!" She smiles.
I kiss her lips quickly and my dad smiles.
"I'll leave you two to talk. I'm gonna go get you a popsicle Archie..." my dad says.

I raise my eyebrows. A popsicle? I'm not a kid anymore. To be fair, I do like popsicles.

Veronica's eyes gaze across my room. "Archiekins..." she says, her eyes fixed to my untouched plate of food. "You gotta eat."
"I ate my banana..." I shrug.
"I know it's all gross archiekins but it's keeping you healthy." She sighs.
I lift up the bread on my sandwich to show inside is some messed-up-looking 'chicken' breast.
"If I bring in food, do you promise to eat Arch..." she places her hand to my cheek.
I place my hand over hers.
"I promise. I love when you cook for me." I smile.
My mom walks in.
"My boy!" She smiles.
"Hey mom." I say.

She gives me a hug and we all sit down and chat. My mom seems to really like Veronica. I'm happy with this because I'm sat here listening to them chatter like mothers meeting. My mom is bad at cooking and she does everything organic but they are chatting and exchanging recipes. I just hope Veronica won't go for some.

"Oh Archie Archie Archie!" A voice says, entering the room. It was the one and only, Hiram Lodge...

-

Hey River Vixens,
Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Below is archie with glasses and sorry Ik y'all hate me cuz of these cliff hangers but I can't help it cuz I'm a meanie
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
1-100? ❤️❤️❤️
Bye vixens! 😋
((Pfft yes I went that far down on KJ's Insta))

 Below is archie with glasses and sorry Ik y'all hate me cuz of these cliff hangers but I can't help it cuz I'm a meanieVOTECOMMENTSHARE1-100? ❤️❤️❤️Bye vixens! 😋((Pfft yes I went that far down on KJ's Insta))