Who are you?

There's blood. So much blood.

John woke with a start. His breath hitched in his throat as he tried to remember the dream that was quickly fading. He sighed and sat up. This wasn't the first time he had that dream, each time it was the same and each time he couldn't remember it in the morning.
The pale light glimmered in through a small opening in the curtains. He ran a hand through his tangled hair with a sigh, knowing that he would have to brush it. He quickly got up and opened up the blinds to let the light in. He stood there in the sunlight for a moment with his eyes closed, Just so he could feel the warmth. He let his hands fall from the fabric of the blinds as he turned. He quickly got dressed into the uniform he had to wear for the store he worked at. He tied his hair into a low ponytail after attempting to brush it.
He quickly made his way down the stairs, the cold floor sent shivers through his body. He stumbled a bit as he rushed to get his stuff and out the door, trying to leave before his father awoke.
Once out of the neighborhood, John let himself relax. He soon arrived at the shop. The manager waved hello as John plastered a smile onto his face. He began restocking some of the shelves as his mind wandered back to his dream. He was snapped back into reality as he heard the bell on the door lightly ring. He quickly made his way to the register as his eyes landed on the person who shuffled in.
Shuffling through the isles was a boy. He had long hair that ended at his shoulders. His skin was pale and fragile but under his eyes there were dark circles. The boy ran his fingers through his hair as he looked up and down the small store's isles. Soon he grabbed some junk food and instant coffee before heading up to the counter.
John watched as the boy made his way the the counter. He placed his stuff on the counter and raise his tires eyes to meet John's. John looked down at this boy, a slight smile forming on his lips. He quickly scanned the items and began to place them in a bag as he rang up the total.
"$10.99." John stated looking down at the boy. He handed John a ten and a five. John quickly made up change and handed the boy his bag and change.
"What's your name?" John suddenly asked. The boy looked at him suspiciously for a moment.
"Alexander Hamilton." He finally mumbled. John could hear how tired this boy was. It sounded like he lived for one hundred years and watch everyone he loved die, and was just waiting for it to be his turn. Even though Alexander looked tired and worn, John still saw light flashing behind his dull brown eyes.
"John Laurens." John smiled, "have a nice day."
Alexander let their gaze linger for a moment before quickly turning away. He quickly made his way out of the shop. John's eyes scared him, the way they searched his own. The way they looked like they knew everything and anything. The way he could see a storm brewing deep within them. Alex just needed to get away from John's eyes, before they found out too much.

Sorry if this is short! Tell me what I need to improve, that would help a lot. Chapter 2 will be out soon. Just you wait. Sorry, no sorry!
-crazy

-575 words-