두 • two

i eventually realised that they were all involved in a conversation, having empty plates in front of them. so i got up and carefully gathered the plates.

"oh, noona i'll help." hwiyoung says. "it's okay, i'll do it. all of you are our guests." rowoon says with a smile, getting up to help me. he carefully opens the door with a push, using his leg as he waits outside, holding the door open for me. "so what's your impression of them, so far?" he asks, attempting to spark up a conversation.

"ah.. they're all really nice." i said, nodding. he chuckles. "i can already tell they all have little crushes on you." he hums. my eyes widened. "what?" i questioned. "why are you so shocked?" he asks, raising an eyebrow as he places the plates into the basin. i carefully placed the cups down.

"well.. i'm not really the girl, boys go after. they usually go after my friend, riley though! she's really beautiful and outgoing. i'll introduce-" i cut myself off, realising that they might get suffocated. "never mind." i said, offering him a smile.

"what? he asks, as he begins to scrub the dishes. "riley's a big kpop fan.. i don't want for all of you to feel-" "that's nonsense. just bring her over if you'd like, i'll invite the boys over. i'm sure it'll be fine." he says with a smile. "you seem so.. okay with everything." i said, shrugging. "you're just overthinking. but, it was nice of you to put our feelings into consideration." he says.

"well, we're all still human at the end of the day." i said, as i helped him rinse the dishes. he chuckles. "you know, for someone who's still technically a teenager, you're pretty mature." he says. "i'm really not. i'm just not as hyper as other people." i said with a chuckle. "i'm boring." i stated, slowly placing the plates unto the dish rack. "you've been the complete opposite so far. you're a nice girl, jisu."

i smiled, thanking him. soon, we were done with the dishes. "rowoon-ah, we'll stay for awhile to help you unpack." dawon says. "sure. let's go then." rowoon says with a smile. "i'll head to bed first. i've got school tomorrow." i explained. the boys nod, understanding my situation.

i made my way to my room, changing into pajamas before crawling under the covers. i hugged my blanket close to my body and using my phone, set my alarms. but before that, riley decides to text me.

riley : jisu-ah, it's the first day of the semester tomorrow! rest well :) we'll meet you by the gates, as usual. see you! x

i smiled at her little initiative to send me a message.

jisu : try not to kill you brother within these few hours, okay? i'd like to see my other best friend too. rest well, see you! :)

with that, i shut my eyes. only for my phone to vibrate. i sigh, answering the call.

"yes sun woo?" i asked. "yah. how dare you. i'm mad." he says, the pout and whininess audible in his tone. "what did i do?" i questioned. "you called me, the other best friend. what the hell, jisu?" he asks. "sun woo, it's like almost twelve. you called for this?" i asked.

"no, i just miss talking to you." he admits. "aw.. sun woo that was so cute." i said with a chuckle. "shut up. yah. if you ever forget about me, i'll personally kill you." he threatens childishly. i chuckle. "i won't. how could i forget about someone who brings me as much as pain as you do?" i asked, jokingly.

"woah.. you're dead tomorrow." he says. i chuckle. "can you really live without me?" i asked, slowly closing my eyes. "no." he huffs. "exactly. anyway, go to sleep. we've got school tomorrow." i said, letting a yawn escape from my lips. "it's not even that late, you're such a weakling." he says. "that's because you spent all day in bed, probably sleeping. while i, on the other hand, was unpacking and shifting things around." i retorted.