01 - rock + roll

Astrid's POV:

Hearing the bell for fourth period, I pack up my stuff and start making my way to my photography class

Hearing the bell for fourth period, I pack up my stuff and start making my way to my photography class. Arguably my favourite class. I walk out of the libary and I see Zara and Abel eating each others faces, I roll my eyes in disgust and tap her shoulder before pointing at the camera.

She looks at the camera and laughs, "Hey A, I thought you had a free, why didn't you get me."

"Yeah, I went to the libary to study."

"Aww, look at you! Astroid the nerd." Abel jokes.

I squint and look at him in pure disgust, "Don't call me that. Anyway, Z I'll see you later." I roll my eyes before starting to walk away.

"A, it's just a joke." Zara grabs my arm pulling me back, "Abel, I'll see you later."

I roll my eyes and continue walking, they have literally been dating for like nine days and now Zara thinks she's in love with him or something. She's so fucking dumb.

"A what's wrong?" she asks as she jogs to catch up the me.

I turn and look at her, "You are the worst Z. Derek, you set me up with Derek, I told you I didn't want to go on a date with anyone. I've dated half the school because of you guys."

"How can you get angry at me when I'm just trying to help?"

"I never asked for your help!" I almost shout. "Just stay out of it Zara. I've told you hundreds of times that I don't want a boyfriend."

"Why are you so angry?" She scoffs.

"Because I've told you a billion of times to not get involved. But you never listen. You and that bummy ass boyfriend of yours." I start to walk off down the corridor, dodging the other people walking toward me.

"What is your problem with him?" She asks as she follows me, "You were friends with him two weeks ago, and since we got together you're so bitter to him."

"Because he's using you for sex, and you're giving it up like a whore."

She pulls my arm back and my bag drops on the floor causing my books to spill out, I turn to look at her, "Fuck you Astrid!" She shouts before walking over my books and past me. I let out a heavy sigh before bending down and starting to pick up my books.

"Oh, I think this is the first time anyone's ever heard of Astrid getting on her knees." Someone says. I roll my eyes before looking up and seeing Hygh.

"Shut up and help me." I tell him.

He puts in hand on his chin in fake contemplation before bending over and helping me gather my books, "Are you guys okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, she just can't handle the truth."

He nods once before collecting all my books with me and slipping them into my bag, "Thanks." I tell him.