Chapter Four: The First Morning

Start from the beginning

The two girls were both sixth years that Ophelia only ever saw during meals and common room times, she never really bothered with the Slytherin girls besides Orion's older sister, Lucretia, as she was always with Tom and his little clang in the main seating area, however this soon stopped after she and Emory began their relationship. The smaller Japanese girl, by the name of Aika Arakawa, smiled brightly at Ophelia whereas the slightly taller girl, Dodie Smith, just gave a small smile and a nod of the head.

"Were you sneaking out with Emory Oliphant last night?" asked Aika, her Japanese accent had mixed with her mother's Northern Irish accent, and you couldn't make out which one was more prominent.

Ophelia laughed not only at her accent but at the way she beamed brightly at her. Ophelia knew that she already knew the answer but from Ophelia about Aika she liked to hear it come from the actual person. "If you must know, then yes, I was." Ophelia gave a then the smallest smile she could possibly give them and the two girls looked at each other a squealed.

"How do you two never get caught? Oh, but, it's so cute the way you two look at each other."

"We don't get caught, we're careful, and technically because Emory's head boy, he can be out after hours."

The two girls squealed again and were about to say something before Ophelia interrupted them. "Sorry, do you mind if leave and we continue this conversation later? I need to meet my friends."

The two girls nodded and Ophelia smiled at them and left the room, and began her descend down the two flights of stairs.

Once Ophelia reached the bottom, Tom and his group sat in the seating area. Ophelia tried to avoid their stares but they continued to stare as she walked through the lounge, she was going to walk past them until Tom called out to her.

"Ophelia, you're actually up early?" Tom asked in disbelief.

"Leave her alone, Riddle," Lucretia walked down the steps of the girl's dorms into the seating area, "your petty remarks aren't going to work anymore."

She linked her arm with Ophelia's and led herself and Ophelia away.

Ophelia wore a big grin on her face as she and Lucretia walked out laughing.

The two girls walked up a small set of steps that led to the exit of the common room.

Ophelia let out a low laugh as the doorway revealed itself and she walked out she turned back to see Tom Riddle still watching her with a close eye, their eye contact was dropped when the wall sealed all the way. Tom wanted to know why he was all of a sudden so fixated on her. He didn't understand the whole concept of the situation, he didn't have feelings for her, because a boy without feelings surely would not feel anything towards a girl he had known six years. Tom shook his head and engaged back in the conversation with his followers.

Ophelia and Lucretia walked towards the final set of steps that would take them out of the Dungeons but was stopped by two of Hogwarts permanent residents, Peeves and the Bloody Baron.

"Ah, if it isn't Ophelia-welia and sweet Lucretia Black! Ophelia, are you going to see that handsome young Gryffindor boy again? Like you do every night. Do not act so shocked young witch, I saw you coming back at 12 o'clock last night, however, unlike your usual smiley face, you looked sad. What's wrong, Lia?" Peeves asked, his laugh annoying as ever.

"My, my, Miss Lockwood. Headmaster Dippet would not approve of one of his best students sneaking around, would he now?" Said the Bloody Baron.

"And Headmaster Dippet will not find out will he now, gentlemen? And, Peeves, nothing is wrong at all," Ophelia replied, giving Peeves a fierce glare.

"Okay, Headmaster Dippet will not find out, Ophelia-Welia." Peeves said his laugh now fading as he backed down.

"Very well, no harm has been done here, so if you two fine, ghost and poltergeist do not mind, I have some friends to meet." Ophelia smiled as she and Lucretia walked around the two dead residents and up the stairs laughing quietly to themselves.

"I honestly do not know why you let her get to you, Peeves." The Bloody Baron stated.

"Because she is a powerful and intelligent witch." Peeves laughed.

Ophelia could hear Peeves' laugh when she reached the top of the stairs. When she got to the top as she turned right to go to the Hufflepuff common room, Dove and a seventh year by the name of Rune Lufkin came walking towards her.

"I'll see you later, Lia," Lucretia waved goodbye and smiled to Dove and Rune.

Ophelia waved back and turned her focus on the two Hufflepuff students.

"I was just about to come and get you." Dove laughed.

"I'm sorry I got caught up by Peeves and the Bloody Baron. And well, nice to see you too, Dove. Hello, Rune, besides from our little encounter over summer, how was yours?" Ophelia asked smiling.

Rune returned her smile. "It was great, you know the usual stuff, might be a bit boring for you two, but yeah, went on holiday with me mam and dad."

Although the three students were all Welsh, Rune's accent stood out the most, the Aberystwyth born wizard was a fluent speaker in both Welsh and English, something that both Ophelia and Dove wish they could do.

Rune smiled as Dove nudged him, this showed that Dove was interested in what he had to say. Rune wasn't a tall boy, he was the same height as Ophelia at the height of five foot seven, but they both liked to take the mick out Dove for being six inches smaller than them both.

His black curly hair bounced up and down his head as he laughed when Dove nudged him, and he reached for her head so he could rest his elbow on her. Rune was a very talented young wizard with the power of healing, he works for the school at every Quidditch game, and has been offered a job in the hospital ward after he finished his seventh year.

"Shall we get going to breakfast?" Rune asked.

The two girls nodded their heads and the three of them made their way towards the Great Hall for breakfast.