Find somewhere to sleep

We reached the camp about 3 hours after my encounter with the walker, which I was still pretty shaken up about, but oh well.. The camp was damn near full already and the guys at the gates were telling people to leave their supplies that they'd brought from where ever it was they came from. They can think again if they're going to take my stuff!

Me and Jerome got to the gates and they told us to leave our things, Jerome had started to slip his pack off his shoulder when I stopped him. 'You're not getting our stuff.' I told the officer. 'Sir, please put your stuff on the ground, I don't want to cause upset.' he glared at me thinking it'd make me put it down 'No. This is our stuff. I refuse to leave it in your grubby hands.' I persisted, this jerk isn't getting our stuff anytime soon. 'Mitch... c'mon, just give him your stuff' Jerome pleaded slipping his pack off his shoulder again 'Why should I?!' 'Sir. You either put your SHIT down, or you leave!' The officer snapped at me, 'Well fine..' he smiled and reached out to grab my pack, 'See ya!' Jerome looked at me in shock 'Mitch...? C'mon! I don't want to go out there! Just put your stuff down..' Jerome practically begged me 'Gee, Jerome, would you look at the time? It's quarter past not happening.' I exclaimed. Jerome and the officer just glared at me for a couple of seconds... 'Fine! We'll leave. But this is on your head, Mitch.' He shouted at me, he actually sounded really angry. I never thought this placid bacca could actually get angry... I thought he was just a lovable fluff ball... Maybe not... Okay, I'll admit. I felt sorry that I dragged him into this mess. But, I sure as hell was not going to stay there and I don't think going solo in the apocalypse is a wise choice... 'Yes! Lezgoo!' I called and spun in a circle before turning back to the officer 'Got a weapon I could take, by chance?' I giggled pushing my luck. He didn't reply, he just gave me a look of sheer loathing. I grabbed Jerome by the arm and pulled him along. 

'You know what, Mitch? You're an idiot. We could have been safe, we would have had a roof over our heads and-' I cut him off 'Have you not seen ANYTHING to do with zombies?! The camps are always the things that go to shit in the end! In fact, most of the time the camps are always the FIRST things to go to shit. You're the idiot for thinking that place would be safe!' That shut him up alright. To be honest, I really don't think he was happy with me... I had been a bit of a jerk. 'I'm... I'm sorry Jerome...' I stuttered quietly 'I-I was just... I don't k-' 'It's fine, Mitch. I understand. You're worried. We all are, and I know that when people are worried they do stupid things. I get it, so don't sweat it dude.' I smiled at him, he was right after all. I am worried. Scared. Terrified. I was hoping this was all a big dream and that I'd wake up any second in my warm bed with my fluffy bacca. No such luck. 

So, we just... walked. Talking about nothing in particular, then we realized. It's getting dark. 'Jerome... look.' I pointed to the setting sun. 'Pretty soon it's going to be dark and what ever walkers there are are going to be in abundance. We'd better find a place to stay for the night. Then tomorrow we'll find some weapons and get ourselves established.' I pointed out to him and he nodded 'Okay, let's find somewhere to kip for the night. We should have brought sleeping bags really, shouldn't we?' I sighed 'Shit, yeah. We should have... We were in such a rush and I didn't even think about sleeping bags.' 

We managed to force open the window into a small house and climbed in, this could be dangerous. If there's a walker in here, we're screwed without a weapon. Jerome entered first and I followed 'We'll check the kitchen first for a knife or something we can defend ourselves with, then I'll get the ground floor and you get the first.' I instructed. 'Got it.' We walked into the kitchen and checked all the drawers and cupboards. I found a big kitchen knife that could be useful. Jerome found a screw driver, two weapons good for close contact I guess. 

'Okay, you check the first floor, I've got the ground. Once you've checked that all the rooms are clear, shout. If you get into trouble, shout. Simple as. Got it?' as I said it, we heard the floorboard above us move. Well. One thing's for sure - this house is not empty. 

A/N:

I think that'll do it for this chapter little ones :3 I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! As ever if I do not update this for a while or you want to ask me a question just go to my tumblr:  minecraft-at-221b.tumblr.com and I'll answer it as soon as I possibly can! But for now I'll go and write chapter 4~! Oh and, thanks to all the people who proof read this for me! It was a great help!! Until next time!