Chapter Thirteen: Answers

Start from the beginning

There were three other groups of people sitting down to eat in the restaurant. A woman in a tight fitted black dress, with an apron tied around her waist, noticed us. She smiled, and walked over to me and Xavier.

"Hi! For two?" she asked, looking at the two of us.

He nodded his head and gave her a small smile. She grabbed two menus off of the shelf next to her, and led us to one of the booths near the fireplace.

I felt the radiating heat immediately, due to our close proximity to the fire, and a warm, cozy feeling filled me. I slid into the booth, and Xavier sat down in front of me. The light blonde-haired woman placed our menus down in front of us on the table and then strut off.

I opened the menu, "Do you think any of them are confused to why you are wearing sunglasses and a hat?" I asked, referring to the other customers. I glanced at them, the groups of people seemed to be oblivious to our arrival.

He shrugged his shoulders, not bothering to look around. He bounced his plaid flannel off of his shoulder, to reveal his plain black shirt, "I could care less of what these people think about me," he said, opening his menu and examining it.

I brought my gaze down to the menu, looking through the food items listed. They had burgers, pasta, steaks, and desserts, absolutely everything I had been craving for the past couple of days.

"Do you want to get one of everything?" Xavier asked, interrupting my thoughts. It was as if we were the same person, I was just thinking the same thing... I quickly nodded my head, "If that's alright..."

I didn't want him to spend all of his money, he has had to spend a fair bit on hotels, food and gas, already. Look at me, looking out for my kidnapper.

He smirked, "fun fact, it's not my money," he said, probably reading my expression.

I ran a hand through my dark curly hair, and gave him a small, friendly smile. Underneath my smile was the confused look I would likely be wearing. Who's money is it then? Did he steal it?

"Does a steak, a Cesar salad, a peperoni pizza, and chicken alfredo sound good? We can get some dessert later," he asked.

I quickly nodded my head, "Yes please," I replied.

We both closed our menus and placed them down on the table. The blonde-haired waitress across the room noticed this and walked over to our table. She pulled out a notebook and pen from her apron.

"You guys ready to order?" she asked, smiling.

"Indeed we are," I said to the woman.

"Start off with drinks?"

I looked over at Xavier, who pursed his lips, "Pepsi please," he answered, opening his menu again.

"Lemonade please," I ordered, sweetly.

"And to eat we will have the sirloin steak, side Cesar salad, chicken alfredo, and... the thin crusted peperoni pizza, to share," Xavier told the woman, after reading the items off of the menu.

She nodded her head, and quickly scribbled it all down on her notebook. She then picked up the menus off of the table, and walked away and into the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked Xavier.

He pulled his sleeve up, and looked down at his watch, "Uh...10 o'clock, oh but time change so like 8 o'clock."

"Time change?" I asked, wrinkling my forehead.

He nodded his head, "that's the closest you will get to a hint," he replied, drumming his fingers along the top of the wood table.