Part 8

The rays of sunshine began to peek through the winter clouds which gave a satisfying warmth to your tired figure as you walked down the road.
It was a little passed eight in the morning and you haven't gotten a wink of sleep.

After Sangwoo came home at four in the morning you thought it was pointless to go to bed. Instead you decided to get an early start on properly disposing the corpse.
You borrowed Sangwoo's car and drove outside of the city which took about an hour. There you parked next to a patch of woods and waited patiently for a member of the agency to receive the body.

You now stand in front of the local police station.
You cold hands were tucked away in your fuzzy jacket as you entered the glass doors. The smell of burnt coffee filled your nose as you walked over to the front wooden desk. Your finger reached out to ding the small silver bell that sat on the empty desk.

"I'll be with you in just minute."
A mans voice called out from the other room.

You glanced around noting the lack of– well everything. There were no officers or anyone really to be seen in the front room. A fair amount of dust had collected on the wooden desk. The jug of water in front was dry and empty, there wasn't even cups on the side. The floors were covered in dust and debris from the outside.
It was just how you remembered it.

"Sorry for the wait. How can I help yo—"

Your eyes widened for a split second at the face that greeted you. It was the same man from last night.
Judging from the way his lips moved to form a small 'o' shape he was also surprised to see you.

"Good morning. It's nice to see you again."
Your eyes glanced down as you saw the shiney reflection of his police badge before you scanned the words on his name tag.
"Mr. Officer Seungbae"
You pulled your lips to a bright friendly smile.

The man cleared his throat as if to collect himself before speaking.
"Good morning. I'm glad to see you made it home safely."

"Of course and it's all thanks to you, Mr Officer Seungbae."
You noticed the way the his eyes seemed to widened as a faint rosed colored tint glowed on his tan cheeks. It was cute you thought to yourself.

"No thanks needed. What can I help you with today miss?"

"Yes. I have a meeting with Officer Park  this morning."

Seungbae's eyebrows furrowed at the mention of his partners name as scrolled through the computer.

"Miss (L/N)?"

"Yep, that's me."
You cheerfully smiled as you pulled out your ID.

The man looked at it for a few seconds to long for your liking before handing it over to you.
"Its the first office to your left Miss (L/N)."

You walked down the familiar hallway with long strides before coming to a complete stop. You raised the back of your hand against the large door, knocking three times before letting yourself in and closing the door behind you.

"Good morning (Y/N)."

Your eyes narrowed at the older man in front of you.
"Cut the shit and tell me who the fuck is that four eyed officer in the front."

There's been agreement made between the agency and the man that sat before you.
Park is an experienced officer and a well trusted member of this town. His worked hard for his beloved community all his career. He loved what he did.
Until the tragic hit and run that left his precious son dead on the side of the street like road kill.
It happened in broad daylight and not a single person in this community bothered to call it in. They didn't find the corpse until later that night.
Park spent months on tracking down his sons murderer and he couldn't even find a single witness.
He was left broken hearted over his only child's death and a newfound resentment over this community filled the void.
It wasn't hard to conviene him to help out the agency after that.

"Huh? Hasn't Sangwoo told you yet?That's Seungbae Yang. He got transferred over here recently. His been working for almost two months now."

"Did you really think that dick face would tell me? Part of your job is to inform me when you get a new officer. So I can do a background check and know who to avoid in the fucking street."

You were furious. It was just your damn luck to meet that officer last night. He seemed to be more on the weary side judging by the way he was examining your ID.

"Right, right. Calm down or the others will hear you."
The old man was always calm during your meeting.

You groaned to yourself at his words. You couldn't wait to go take nap.
"Anyways."
You cleared your throat collecting your thoughts before telling him the name of the most recent victim.

Part of Parks job is to erase any information involving the victim. Deleting any footage of that showed the victim being seen Sangwoo. Erasing any messages online or by phone that may be used to solve the case.
It's his job to make it seem like the victim literally vanished over night.

Your fingered gripped the cold metallic doorknob before you turned to face the old officer one last time.
"Oh and before I forget give me a copy of any files you have on a person named Yoon Bum."

————

You finally arrived back to the small home that smelled of fresh chicken soup. It was a surprising smell that only reminded you of the fact that you haven't eaten breakfast or dinner yet you thought as you took your shoes.

"(Y/N)...?"
Bum's frail voice called out from the kitchen.

"Yea?"
You lazily made your way towards the kitchen as your gaze landed on the skinny man who sat on a wheelie chair.
His pale face was covered in blotchy bruises from last night.
"How's your face feeling Bum?"

"It's d-doing okay, I guess..."

"At least there's no swelling."

"Y-Yea."
Bum pulled his skinny chapped lips upwards forcing a small and a dry chuckle.
"Uhm... (Y/N)..?"

"What is it Bum?"

"It's Sangwoo."

—————
I wonder what Sangwoo did this time?!?

Thank you for reading!