Chapter 12 (Last One)

Depuis le début

“No” he lied.

“Let’s go” I heard Harry in the background. “Traci and her sister are waiting. We’re getting laid tonight.”

“Kellie, I…”

“No. It’s okay. Have fun.” I hung up the phone, feeling much worse than I was before. One day. That’s all it took. Just one for him to go out and get over me. Fuck him. I would do the same.

I climbed out my bedroom window and started up my car. I pulled up in front of Liam’s house. His parents were away on a short vacation until Sunday. He was playing X-box in his room. I tapped on the window, scaring the shit out of him.

“What the hell Kellie” he screamed.

“Let me in. Please.”

Liam opened the front door and I wrapped my arms around him. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine” I lied. Both my hands flew up to his face and I held it still to kiss him. He pulled back before my lips reached his.

“What are you doing Kellie?” he sighed. He removed my hands from his face and took a step back.

“I need you.”

“No” he said sternly. “You will not use me to get over Niall. Not again. I will help you but I’m not going to sleep with you.”

“Are you really denying sex with me right now?” I placed my hands on my hips. What guy would turn down getting laid? Not Niall apparently.

“Yes” he said, trying to convince himself. I could see the bulge in his pants but he was completely serious. “You know I’m with Dana.” Shit. Dana. I forgot. God I’m such a mess. How could I do that to her? Or him.

“I’m just going to go.” I don’t need to ruin any more relationships and I genuinely like Liam with Dana.

“Talk to me” he begged.

“I don’t want to talk.”

“Sit” he demanded and I did as he said. I slumped down on the couch, debating if I should tell Liam the reason I showed up in the first place.

“Now, what happened?” he asked, handing me a beer from the fridge.

“I’m going to need something stronger than this.”

“Well that’s all my parents left in the house. Now spill it Chambers.”

“Fine” I groaned. “He’s hooking up with someone else.”

“Who is hooking up with someone else?” he asked as if it weren’t obvious.

“Niall, you idiot” I threw my beer bottle top at him. “He’s out with Harry. I heard him on the phone.”

“So you wanted to get back at him?” I nodded my head but avoided eye contact with him. It was embarrassing. I wasn’t thinking straight when I drove over to his house. “That’s why you’re here? Revenge” he said it like the word was toxic.

“I’m sorry. It’s not the only reason. I needed to get out of the house. Everyone’s ignoring me. I haven’t left my room.”

“I can tell” he smiled. “You look like a shit.”

“Oh thanks.” We sat in silence for a few more minutes. I didn’t know what to say and I certainly didn’t want to talk about Niall anymore. It was a mistake coming over here but I couldn’t be cooped up in my bedroom any longer. “You think I can stay in the guest bedroom tonight? I promise I won’t bother you.”