Chapter 7

“Shit, shit, shit” I muttered to myself as I rolled off Niall and searched for any clothing. I had no time for underwear or a bra. I managed to get on my UCLA sweatpants and a sweatshirt I’ve never seen before. Niall put on his clothes and ran into the living room. He opened up one of my textbooks and a notebook, fixing his hair and adjusting himself. I couldn’t help but giggle at this situation but at the same time I was in a panic.

“Honey? You okay?” my mother called from the hallway.

“Yeah” I yelled from my room. I ran to the door and opened it. “Sorry I was just using the bathroom. What are you doing here?”
“Good to see you too” my dad smiled.

“Sorry, hi!” I hugged them both. “Now what are you doing here?”

“Oh, hi Niall. I didn’t see you there.” My mother ran over to him and wrapped him in her arms, completely ignoring my question. “Why are you here at 10 in the morning?” Oh but she can ask questions why someone is in my apartment in the morning when my parents have drove from over two hours away completely unannounced.

“Hi Mrs. Chambers. Mr. Chambers. It’s good to see you. We were just going over some” he stuttered as he looked at the front of the textbook. “Microeconomic theory” he said slowly.

“Since when do you take microeconomic theory?” my mother asked me.

“Since now apparently” I whispered to myself. “I needed to pick up another class. Seemed fun” I said sarcastically.

“I didn’t know my daughter was such an overachiever.”
“It’s not easy but Niall is the best tutor out there.” Niall winked at me when my parents weren’t looking. I was still in shock that they were standing in the living room of my apartment. 
“That’s great. You hungry? We thought we would take you for some breakfast.”

“Umm-” Think Kellie. Think. Maybe if I go to breakfast with them they’ll just leave. But what if they don’t. This was supposed to be my weekend alone with Niall. No roommates. No classmates. No interruptions. Then the biggest interruption walked through the door.

Niall may be dating a student but he still has morals. He will be a completely respectable gentleman in front of my parents. No touching. No kissing. And those apply if he was just a normal boyfriend of mine. Now add in the fact that he is a teacher it’s like I am nothing more than a child to him.

“Niall, you are more than welcome to join us” my dad said.

“Sounds great” he smirked. I was slapping myself in the face in my mind. This was going to turn out bad. I could tell already.

“Let me just get changed.”
“Where did you get that sweatshirt? You never went to Duke.”

I looked down at the sweatshirt I had thrown on. No idea where it came from. Shit. It was probably Niall’s. “Dana’s brother went there. She must have left it in my room” I lied.

——— ———— ——————-

“So how is teaching Niall?” My mother spent most of breakfast talking to Niall than asking about how my college experience was going. He was hesitant to tell her all about it. “Well Kellie is lucky to have you.”

“I am?” For the first time they said something that actually sparked my interest. They’ve been talking about his classes and bills and all boring adult stuff for what seemed like two hours now.

“To help you study. If it was up to you, you would do nothing but practice all day.”
“Because that’s fun” I joked.

“And studying with me isn’t?” Niall nudged my arm. My cheeks turned bright red. All I wanted to do was straddle him and finish what we started this morning.