Remembrance

"Ah! Hello Ms. Stark! I'm glad you survived your encounter with Amelia. I trust everyone held up on their own?"

The hologram of Jarvis shone brighter than before, fully operational after his shut down with Amelia. Unfortunately for the cybernetic program, Abigail wasn't to happy to see him.

"Shut up vision..." Abigail swatted away the hologram that contained Jarvis and headed to her old room.

But although Abby seemed annoyed by Jarvis, Jessica seemed fascinated.

"Dad?! Is that really you?" She tried to hug the hologram but went through, barely catching herself before crashing to the ground. "How are you back as Jarvis?! Do you remember me?! If you're alive does that mean that Mom.....?"

The digital image of Jarvis sighed and answered her questions with haste. "Yes. Tony uploaded me before he died, yes, and unfortunately Wanda is dead..."

Jessie tried not to let disappointment cross her face and simply nodded. "I-I'm just glad you're still here..." She wiped her misty eyes and smiled at her father.

Evangeline walked up the stairs to her father's old room. Laura had told stories about the fun times they had hanging out in the tower, with Tony and Bruce doing science that could save/destroy the world, Clint talking with Natasha and Steve, Thor at the bar, and the Spider family deciding what prank to pull next.

She stopped in front of the door on the far right side. A bright red, blue, and white shield carved into it. Evangeline smirked and whispered, "On your left." Before walking in.

The smell of her father's scent met her, a smile stretching on the girl's face as her misty eyes searched the room. It was as if the late Captain had simply gone on an errand, for nothing had changed.

Evangeline's feet slowly made their way to the large glass case on the wall, until she was right in front of it. A red white and blue suit was inside, still fully intact.

The red head pressed her hand against it and let the glass unlock and open with a hiss. A light shone on the suit and flickered slightly as Eva brushed her hand against the cloth.

She shouldn't have been so sad, that's what she told herself. But something about knowing that her Father would never wear it again, that she truly would never hear his voice again, rattled her to the core.

"Daddy...?" She managed to choke out before falling to her knees, tearing the suit down with her. She hugged her father's costume as tight as she could and cried into it, wails escaping her lips.

Evangeline pressed her face against it and took in her father's scent as much as she could in between sobs, and rested it in her lap.

"Hey Dad..." she shakily whispered. "I-It's your daughter Evangeline... I'm really sorry I yanked your suit down. I-I just. I re..really m-miss you." She began hiccuping as she talked, her tears falling on the stripes of the flag colored suit.

"I miss him too."

Evangeline whirled around and sniffled. Alexei stood in the doorway with a sympathetic smile. "I see you found Dad's old work clothing."

Evangeline simply nodded and buried her face back into her father's clothes.

Alexei walked over to his sister and hugged her tightly, forcing Evangeline to lean against him. His hands rubbed her head and wiped her tears away.

"Mom and Dad wouldn't want to see you so sad."

Evangeline's sobs only got louder.

"A-Ah sorry!" Alex yelped. He quickly rubbed Evangeline's back and sighed.

"I'm not too good at this now are I...?"

Evangeline quickly shook her head and threw herself on her brother, latching herself on her last family member. "Don't leave me... you're the only family I have, so never ever leave me. You hear me?!"

Alexei smiled softly at his puffy-eyed sister and nodded. No matter what, he was going to stay with her. He was going to protect his sister and Bethany. Even if it killed him.

"Hey you two. We need to get what we came for and go. What are you all doing anyway?"

The twins looked to the door and groaned when they saw Carter standing in the doorway.

"Am I that annoying?" Carter scowled and turned away. "Well your highnesses, Abby and the others are waiting on you two. We found something that may help us against Loki."

Carter started to walk away.

"Carter wait-" "no it's fine." He turned back and smiled. "I was joking with you anyway." A flash of hurt crossed his face before running off to the others.

Alexei sighed softly and stood up, before pulling his sister up with him. "We better go after him."

Evangeline nodded and took off, leaving her brother to stare at his father's room.

"I promise I'll protect her Dad. Mom."

{short chapter but whatever. You want the chapter to be at least 1,000 words? Fine then. 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 why do numbers count as words I don't understand- anyway, back to the counting even though I messed it up with these words oops. 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 hm. Are y'all bored yet? Why did so many of you tell me to have at least 1,000 words in a chapter than huh? Was this what you had in mind? Not to be rude oh goodness I'm so sorry I don't want to offend anyone ahhhhh. I just want to understand whyyy. 956 957 958 959 960 961... so how's the weather today for you? It's 1:11 A.M. Where I am right now so I guess the weather for me is night. Is that even weather...? 991 992 993 994 almost there 997 998 hnnnngh 1000 WHOO NOWS ITS AT 1005 SUCKERS NOW ITS AT 1010!!!}