Two little spiders

Marlyn circled around the unconscious Calore, holding a long ice pick in her delicate hands. With a quick motion, she woke him up by pushing the ice pick as far as it could go into his left shoulder.

Calore yanked upright but was held
Back from something containing him. In the darkness though, he couldn't see what.

She grinned as she dipped her metallic finger into the wound, digging into the blood and muscle of the shoulder.

A bloodcurdling scream escaped from Calore's mouth, he started twisting and thrashing to try to get away from her. Marlyn had other plans though.

"Now when I said I wouldn't let anything happen to you or your sisters, I meant you won't die. I wasn't going to do this either but, I need to get my anger out somehow~"

She took her knife and held it over a flame, the cool metal slowly turning red. She grinned as she pressed the knife against his back and legs. The cloth of his shirt and pants started to melt against his skin, hardening to his burnt skin.

"Now is you're wondering why you're not resistant to the burning of fire, the cuffs around your wrists are blocking whatever power you have, stopping you from harming the glorious soul of Hydra."

Even if Calore couldn't burn her face off, he could do this. He spit in her eye, causing her to drop the knife and back up. The knife clattered against the ground and gave a slight light off. The light got brighter, until it was almost blinding.

Calore squinted against the bright light that suddenly appeared before him. "Calore.....?" A girl's voice reached him. His eyes finally adjusted to his sister Jade, her face stained red from tears.

"Cal can you hear me? Mom- I mean Marlyn is gone now..." Cal felt her grab his shoulders and violently shaking them. Then burning.

He screamed and yanked away as best as he could with his restraints. "Ah! I'm sorry I'm so so sorry!" The light disappeared as she shoved her hands into her pockets. "When I let my emotions get the best of me I...."

She quickly ran out to get some water.

Calore tried to bring himself to his feet at least, but from the position he was in, he could only go to his knees. His hands were forced in the air tightly by chains, and his ankles he found were clamped to the concrete floor.

He squinted his eyes against the darkness and saw wires connected to little sticky pads on his wrists and temples. "Oh you've got to be kidding me....."

He yanked his head back and shook it rapidly, successfully dropping the sticky pads off his head.

"Cal!" Jade came back from her earlier dismissal, carrying a pitcher of water. "Stop! If Marlyn sees you...." She started pouring the water on his burned shoulders, ignoring the screeches of protest from her younger brother.

"Don't you mean mother?!" Calore snapped at her, unable to hold back his anger and confusion any longer. As if he couldn't feel any worse, Jade flinched and backed up a little bit. "I'm sorry.... I didn't know abou-" "about what?! That you're working for the people who helped killed our parents?! That you're pretending to be the daughter of an outright murderer?!"

Jade's eyebrows dipped, and she frowned. "It's not like baby me could think, 'oh wow! The person who I only knew as Mom is a terrible person who actually isn't my Mom!' Yeah... Cause I could totally see that happening."

Now it was Calore's turn to flinch.

"Jade I'm sorry..." She just shook her head and forced a stern look. "Listen. I'm not looking for sympathy ok?! What's done is done! Besides, Marlyn treats me with respect and love...."

Calore gently smiled. "You didn't sound certain there." "......"

Jade took a knife out from her sock and jammed it in the lock. A few seconds later they fell to the ground. "Heh.... Stark tech really is breakable."

"Woah woah woah," Calore rubbed his wrists and looked up in surprise. "You're telling me Hydra, the enemies of the Avengers, which includes Tony Stark, is using his technology?!"

Jade snickered and nodded.

"Now hurry. If Marlyn catches us...."

Calore nodded and followed her. They ran through the halls, careful not to wake any sleeping agents. They quickly turned a corner and opened the hatch to the underground passage that only the Queen and her closest agents knew about.

The passage had clearly never been used often, the walls were cracked, and the ceiling was crumbling. There was the plip-plop of water dripping on their heads as they ran, every drop making them flinch.

"Where are we going?" Calore whispered. Even if they were alone, he was afraid even the tiniest sound would alert fifty men to capture them. Jade had the same fear.

"Somewhere safe...... hopefully." That didn't satisfy his worries.

Jade gripped Cal's hand and sighed in relief. "We're almost out." She started running now, ready to get away from Hydra.

They burst out the door and ran out, not checking what was on the other side before leaping. Truth was, there was nothing.

Well... there was something. Air. And below them was water.

They crashed into the waves of the ocean, screaming at the freezing temperatures. Panic flushed through Calore, and he started thrashing against the pounding waves.

"C-Calore?!" Jade yelped as he went under. "Oh come on! You can't swim?!" She dove under the water and grabbed her older brother, yanking him to land.

She hissed as the hot sand clung to her wet body, but kept dragging Cal. Eventually, they made it to shade.

Calore was still out cold, but was still breathing. His chest rose up and down to confirm this but, Jade was still worried.

She flung him over her shoulder and started running to her private jet, given to her by her old body-guard, in case something ever happened.

Thank you Jacob.... I promise I never forgot you.

Jade threw her brother in the co-pilot seat and buckled herself in. With the turn of the keys and the start of the engine, they were in the air. "Now..... they wouldn't have had enough time to fix their jet just yet..... so time to go back to the fields."