Forgive Me I've Been Lonely

A/N: for emilie <3 welcome to the Romeo and Juliet au that nobody asked for with servant Kylo and Rey being adorable per usual (hella based off the song "Romeo" by The Ribbon Breaks)

He was a servant for the Dameron family, often an accomplice to the lady and lords only son: Poe Dameron.

He often rode with the prince on long horse rides and the two spoke minimal words to each other. The conversations mostly focused on Poe's current love interest and the long held feud the Dameron family has with the Kenobi Family.

Well of course Ben didn't know exactly why the feud existed but what he did know was that the Kenobi family was to be avoided at all costs.

Two weeks later Ben was sent out by Lady Dameron to go into town. The kitchen was low on certain ingredients and the Dameron was hosting a feast that very night so the kitchen was bustling and busy, with no time to go to the town.

So that's when Ben seemed to come in handy. For Poe was busy preparing with his family for the celebration that night.

He walked into town slowly, often stopping to admire the outside world. Ben was often restricted to the manor grounds and didn't usually go into the town. Going into town was more of a job for other servants, those who weren't obligated to stay at one persons side for every hour of the day.

Ben looked down at the small list in his hands and sighed. As a servant he didn't have a high rate of literacy and while he was taught how to read the basics, the list was still a bit troublesome.

Walking forward he spotted a young woman who seemed quite distracted by everything else in the world. Despite this Ben attempted to get attention.

"Excuse me?"

He spoke lowly for he was taught that as a servant, it was best to be seen and not heard.

She seemed unfazed and looked awestruck by the scenery of bustling people around her. Ben found it quite interesting that she was so fascinated by something so ordinary but then again he was also.

"Excuse me?"

He spoke a bit louder and almost reached forward to touch her shoulder in order to gain attention, but he already went past his limits when he repeated himself to someone who looked to be much higher than him in social class.

"Were you speaking to me?"

"Y-yes."

She turned around completely to face him.

"What is it?"

"Do you mind helping me with this, I can't exactly read everything on this list...and I need to get some things for the kitchen at my lords manor."

The woman smiled slightly before reaching forward to take the list in her hands. Ben could only watch as she read over the list, then another smile formed on her lips.

"I can help you get the items if you want."

He didn't say anything at first for it was confusing. Most of those higher up in society refused to be seen with someone like a servant unless they were serving them much less help them out.