[7] A Girl's Best Friend

Start from the beginning

I don't know why I didn't react better to him being in my room. I knew it could cme to this. He was after all a wolf first and human second. No way was he going to overcome the anger, or the hunger. I didn't expect him to spaz out and go all hunger wolf on me. And that was my biggest mistake.

But what he did next surprised me. He licked my face, wiping away the tears. Even the sting of my cheek disappeared.

"Okay, I give," I squealed from under his front paws.

He started to wag his tail, shaking the bed. Then he just sat down on my stomach.

"Trace," I said with barely any breath, "please get off of me. I can't breathe."

He stared down at me for a good second, before leaping down of the bed. He walked out of the room, leaving me stunned and at a loss for words.

I sat up and tried to recollect my breath. Not to mention my thoughts. I had just been licked to death by a flesh eating werewolf. He didn't try to eat me, he didn't even try to hurt me.

Before I even got to miss him he reappeared in my doorway, in human form wearing different clothing then before. Now wearing a white t-shirt and black basketball shorts.

He leaned in the doorway with his arms crossed, "Can I come in?"

"If I said 'no' would you even listen?"

"Good point," he smirked as he righted himself and walked in.

He sat down on the opposite side of my bed and laid back. I don't know what possessed me but I did the same thing so our heads were level.

"Did Samantha or Julian know what would happen if they left the venom in my leg?" I asked as I stared up a the white ceiling.

"It's not unheard of but it is rare. There's a good chance they didn't know," all cockiness was gone from his voice.